This is your one-stop-shop for government-maintained databases. Are we missing any helpful links? Send suggestions.
- Kentucky candidates: A searchable database of campaign donors and expenditures.
- Federal candidates: A searchable database of campaign donors and expenditures.
- Kentucky Legislative Branch: A searchable database of expenses incurred by lobbyists registered with the Kentucky Legislative Ethics Commission.
- Kentucky Executive Branch: A listing of lobbyists registered with the Kentucky Executive Branch Ethics Commission. Expense data is not available online.
- U.S. Government: A searchable database of expense reports by lobbyists registered with the federal government.
Courts and crime
- Kentucky criminal and civil court cases: Search civil, criminal and domestic violence cases in Kentuckys Circuit and District Courts.
- Kentucky Court of Appeals: Search pending cases and past court opinions.
- Kentucky Supreme Court: Search pending cases and past court opinions.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit: Search opinions issued since 1999 by the federal appeals court that serves Kentucky.
- Lawyer records: Search disciplinary records for Kentucky attorneys and ethics opinions issued by the Kentucky Bar Association.
- Doctors: Search for the license status of Kentucky doctors, physician assistants, surgical assistants, athletic trainers, and acupuncture specialists.
- Nurses: Search for the license status of Kentucky nurses.
- Incorporation records: A searchable database of information about businesses registered with the Kentucky Secretary of State.
- Public companies: View documents filed by public companies with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Non-profit tax returns (free registration required): Find tax returns filed by nonprofit groups. All nonprofits must make their most recent 990 tax return available to the public.
- Dig into databases: Track campaign contributions, lobbying expenses, court cases, business records and more.
- Request documents: Find out how to use the Kentucky Open Records Act and the federal Freedom of Information Act to get the government documents you need.
- Contact public officials: Let local, state and federal representatives know whats on your mind.
GO BACK to main Watchdog page