Lex-Care: Daughter's medical bill takes all of widow's rent money

September 19, 2012 

Paula Murphy, a case manager at Community Action, is helping a widow who needs $580 to pay her rent.

She paid a medical bill for her adult daughter with her rent money. Once the rent is paid, the widow will be able to meet her monthly expenses from her Social Security benefits and food stamps.

You can help: Lex-Care Inc., P.O. Box 1328, Lexington, Ky. 40588. Contact Lex-Care at (859) 699-9859 or Lexcare.org.

Lexington Herald-Leader is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service