Chimney fire damages Lexington's Park Hill Apartments

jwarren@herald-leader.comNovember 24, 2012 

A chimney fire caused relatively light damage at a Lexington apartment complex Saturday night, officials said.

Fire units were dispatched to the Park Hill Apartments, 2500 Alumni Drive, about 8:30 p.m.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the flames, but not before the fire damaged the chimney. Crews also had to cut through the ceiling of one apartment.

Fire officials said the occupant of that apartment would have to spend the night elsewhere because of the damage.

The cause of the fire was unclear, although fire officials said a dirty flue might have been a contributing factor.

Jim Warren: (859) 231-3255

Lexington Herald-Leader is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service