Fire severely damages East Seventh Street home

tpettit@herald-leader.comMarch 7, 2013 

A fire, ruled accidental, severely damaged a Lexington house early Thursday.

The home on East Seventh Street sustained severe smoke and fire damage after the fire was started by a motor in an upright freezer, fire department Battalion Chief Jeff Nantz said.

The resident smelled smoke around 6:40 a.m., Nantz said. Firefighters were able to extinguish the flames within 20 minutes after arriving.

Lexington Herald-Leader is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service