Candle company in Liberty burns

May 18, 2013 

The Goose Creek Candle Co. in Liberty was destroyed by fire Saturday.

The Liberty Fire Department said the business on Campbellsville Street suffered heavy fire, smoke and water damage. It employed about 70 people.

The fire started about 7 a.m. and it took about four hours to get under control. Seven area fire departments fought the blaze.

No injuries were reported. The cause of the fire was not immediately known.

Lexington Herald-Leader is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service