Coroner: Man's death in Lexington apparently caused by carbon monoxide

jwarren@herald-leader.comNovember 5, 2013 

stk157065rke

Photo by Getty Images/ThinkStockphoto

A man found dead in Lexington over the weekend apparently died of carbon monoxide poisoning, the Fayette County Coroner's office said Tuesday.

Koji Sato, 42, was found dead Saturday in his apartment on Clearwater Way, the coroner's office said in a news release.

"The preliminary investigation suggests that Sato died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning, but the final determination ... won't be made until toxicology results have been received from the laboratory," the coroner's office said.

Sato was from Japan, according to the coroner. Funeral arrangements are pending.

Jim Warren: (859) 231-3255.

Lexington Herald-Leader is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service