Blow torch used on frozen pipes causes Lexington mobile home fire

Herald-Leader Staff ReportJanuary 3, 2014 

A blow torch used to heat frozen pipes caused a fire in a mobile home on East New Circle Road, near Trade Center Drive and Sam's Warehouse in Lexington.

Battalion Chief Joe Best said the resident of the mobile home tried to thaw pipes with the torch. The home was destroyed. Fire crews were sent to the scene at 12:53 p.m..

No other damages were reported to any other home, authorities said. A neighbor was treated for smoke inhalation.

Lexington Herald-Leader is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service