Marion County man dies in house fire

bestep@herald-leader.comJanuary 25, 2014 

A Marion County man died in a fire Friday evening, according to Kentucky State Police.

Gerald Mays Jr., 55, was the only person in the house when the fire occurred, police said.

The preliminary investigation showed the fire may have started in the area of a wood stove, police said.

Lexington Herald-Leader is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service