Smoke inhalation, burns kill Lexington woman, 85

jmadden@herald-leader.comJune 7, 2014 

An 85-year-old woman is dead after injuries sustained in a Lexington fire Saturday.

Amy King suffered smoke inhalation and thermal burns in a fire at 1228 Tates Creek Road in Lexington, according to a Fayette County coroner's news release. She was pronounced dead at the University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital at 8:58 p.m. Saturday.

King's death has been ruled as an accident, the release said,

No further details were released.

Justin Madden: (859) 231-3197. Twitter: @HLpublicsafety

Lexington Herald-Leader is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service