Fountain Films on Friday: ‘Labyrinth’
Late rock star David Bowie plays the Goblin King in this 1986 fantasy film. Jennifer Connelly plays Sarah, who must rescue her baby brother. The free outdoor screening starts at 9 p.m. Friday at Triangle Park, 400 West Main Street. Downtownlex.com.
Kentucky Fried Zine Fest
The showcase of DIY zines, comics, book and paper arts is from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday at the Lyric Theatre, 300 East Third Street. Admission is free. Kfzines.org.
Never miss a local story.
Opera Under the Stars
Spend an evening with the music of Mozart, Bizet, Strauss, Gershwin and Bernstein at 9 p.m. Saturday at Moondance Amphitheatre, 1152 Monarch Street. The pre-show, featuring the Volare String Quartet, starts at 8 p.m. Bring lawn chairs and blankets for seating. Admission is $5, free for ages 3 and younger. Rain date: Sunday. 859-288-2529. Lexingtonky.gov/opera-under-stars.
Warehouse Block Party
Restaurants, shops and businesses along National, North Ashland and Aurora avenues host a night of live music, food and fun from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday. Bit.ly/2b4gXUR.
- Rude, crude ‘Sausage Party’ goes over the top
- Find movie times, theaters for ‘Suicide Squad’, ‘Jason Bourne’ and all the latest.
- Lakeside Live gathers different kinds of music in a convenient spot
- From ‘Free’ to faith: Jonathan Butler follows his jazz heart
- Weekend food fun from Food Truck Friday to the Crave Food & Music Festival to farmers markets
- Dirty Dozen Brass Band bringing tasty tunes to Crave Lexington