Sav’s Grill and West African Cuisine, 304 South Limestone, will celebrate eight years in business Friday through Sunday with beer specials, music and an open mic for storytelling. On Friday, there will be a live DJ from 8 to 11 p.m., playing all African music. On Saturday, there will be live music from MBIRA from Zimbabwe and Da Normads. On Sunday, from 2 to 5 p.m., the mic is open for storytelling. Call 859-368-7287 for information. Sav’s also is introducing flights of food you can mix and match, available weekdays from 5 to 9 p.m. and all day Saturday and Sunday.
▪ Crank & Boom, 1210 Manchester Street, has launched a new fall menu featuring pumpkin spice cheesecake, spiced cookie crumble, cinnamon, apple cider sorbet flavors, and three new sundaes: cookie butter, “Great Pumpkin” and apple cider. Also new: fancy hot chocolate, spiked hot chocolate and a spiked mulled apple cider cocktail. For more information, call 859-288-2176.
▪ Marikka’s, 411 Southland Drive, will host its annual Oktoberfest, from Friday through Oct. 8. Food specials will include schweinehaxen, rouladen, and a Munich reuben. There will be Oktoberfest beer and glassware specials, too, and live music by a German trio on Friday and Saturday nights.
▪ Ethereal Brewing, 1224 Manchester Street, will host its Funky Farmhouse Festival from noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. For $25, you can sample farmhouse, funky and sour beers from the region. Daughters’ Southern food truck will be there with a special menu, and Restless Leg String Band will entertain from 2 to 5 p.m.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Mark your calendars: The Lexington Humane Society’s Kentucky Ale Fall Pub Crawl is Sept. 30 from 6 to 10:30 p.m. Tickets are $25 to $30; order on Eventbrite.com. Ticket includes a T-shirt, entry into seven downtown bars with no cover charge, and drink specials. Participating bars include SkyBar, 269 West Main Street (where you can pick up your shirt upstairs at 5:30 p.m.); Bluegrass Tavern, 115 Cheapside; Stagger Inn, 269 West Main Street; Henry Clay’s Public House, 112 North Upper; Wild Cat Saloon, 123 Cheapside; Parlay Social, 249 West Short; and Harvey’s, 200 West Main Street. Group ticket purchases are available.
▪ Grimes Mill Winery, 6707 Grimes Mill Road, will hold its third Triple Crown of Wines event from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday with free homemade pizza paired with its newest wine. The event is free. From 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday, the winery will host a From the Garden cooking class with Karen Southall. That event also is free. To reserve a seat, call 859-543-9691 or email wine@GrimesMillWinery.com.
▪ Jessamine Growers Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to noon Saturday at Main and Rice in Wilmore, will have seasonal vegetables, sweet potatoes, honey and eggs, cut flowers, perennials and trees.
▪ Chevy Chase Farmers Market, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday at 316 South Ashland Avenue, will have cut flowers, beer cheese, muffins, seasonal produce, meat and eggs.
▪ Bluegrass Farmers Market, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at 3070 Lakecrest Circle and 1837 Plaudit Place, will have seasonal produce, honey, jams and jellies, baked goods, flowers, eggs and meat. Fall produce will include butternut squash, pumpkins, gourds, spaghetti and acorn squash, sweet potatoes, and red and white potatoes.
▪ Lexington Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in Cheapside Park and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday at Southland Drive, will have seasonal produce, meats and eggs, bread and honey, plants and flowers.