Table Three Ten, 310 Short Street, will host a Wild Turkey bourbon dinner at 7 p.m. Nov. 17. The four-course dinner, prepared by new executive chef Stephen Holden, will feature food paired with a whiskey sample and a craft cocktail. Wild Turkey ambassador Matt Gandolfo will discuss the whiskeys and the brand’s history. Tickets are $100, with $20 of each ticket going to feed hungry families and children in Lexington. Call 859-309-3901 for a reservation.
▪ In honor of Veterans Day, Gold Star Chili will offer a free meal and drink to all veterans and active-duty military members on Friday. Locations include 350 Foreman Avenue near UK, 3735 Palomar Centre Drive, 19 Plaudit Place at Hamburg, Fayette Mall Food Court and 101 Lawson Drive in Georgetown.
▪ Also for Veterans Day, City Barbecue, 3292 Richmond Road and 2187 Harrodsburg Road, will honor veterans and active-duty military Friday with a free sandwich platter either for dine-in or carry-out. It’s open 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
▪ Ramsey’s Diners are offering carryout Heat ’n Eat Thanksgiving Dinners: For $19.95 a person (six or more) you get sliced turkey breast with gravy; corn bread stuffing, fresh cranberry sauce, dinner rolls and four veggies. Individual veggies also are available for $17 for a container that serves at least six. All orders must be placed by Nov. 21 for pick-up Nov. 23. To place orders, call 859-252-7926. A menu is available for catered business Thanksgiving lunches.
▪ Country Boy Brewing, 436 Chair Avenue, will host its fourth annual Chili Cookoff noon to 5 p.m. Dec. 18. The event benefits God’s Pantry Food Bank. The fee to vote is $7, or $5 with two or more canned goods. To enter (there are only 50 spots and they are filling up fast) go to Eventbrite.com’s Country Boy chili cookoff listing.
▪ The Chew Dinner Series will feature chef Ranada West-Riley cooking a Frankfurt-themed dinner starting at 6 p.m. Nov. 16 at Bryant’s Rent-all, 701 Red Mile Road. Tickets are $50 and must be bought in advance. Go to Chewdinnerseries.com to order.
▪ The Lexington Bourbon Society will host at tasting of spirits from Rabbit Hole Distilling in Louisville. The event, a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society of Lexington, will be 6:30 to 9 p.m. Nov. 17 at 434 Old Vine Street. Tickets are $25 for members, $30 for non-members and include food from Harry’s American Bar & Grill. Reserve a spot on the society’s Facebook page.
The society also will host a colonial-inspired meal paired with Bulleit cocktails from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at The Sage Rabbit, 438 South Ashland. The menu includes butternut squash soup with Bulleit pecan brittle, roast chicken with bourbon maple glaze, corn cake and crown butter brussels sprouts, applejack fritters with bourbon apple cider syrup. Tickets are $38 plus tax and tip; $35 for members. Call 859-523-2095 for reservations. Seating is limited.