With Lexington’s dining scene in flux, sometimes it seems as if there is a new round of restaurant closings every week. But every time a tapas bar closes, somewhere a Mexican restaurant opens up.
Here are some of the restaurants and bars (that LexGo Eat knows of and could find anything out about) that opened recently or are coming soon:
▪ Bourbon on Rye, 115 West Main Street, has a craft cocktail menu and small plates of gourmet delicacies. It’s open 4 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. Thursday through Saturday.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Babalu Tapas and Tacos, 4040 Finn Way at The Summit at Fritz Farm, features Latin-inspired dishes with a Southern twist. Fresh margaritas, too.
▪ Creaux, 310 West Short, has craft cocktails and live music from 7 to 10 p.m. on Fridays in December. No food yet, but owners Dougie and Ieasha Allen hope to add Creole and southern Louisiana food soon.
▪ Ipalapa’s, 102 West Vine, is open for lunch Monday through Friday.
▪ Jason’s Deli, 134 Malabu Drive, has sandwiches, including muffalettas, plus salads and soups, and free ice cream. Yes, free. Always.
▪ Sakura Sushi and Steakhouse, 1015 Winchester Road, has fresh sushi and hibachi dishes, including lobster and steak. It does a brisk drive-through business.
▪ Just outside Lexington, Blind Harry’s and The Brown Barrel, 224 North Gratz Street in Midway, are a linked restaurant and bar serving eclectic family fare, including steaks and seafood, burgers and salads.
▪ Alexander Bullitt’s Winery, Brewery and Bistro, 319 Cedar Street, is having its grand opening at 6 p.m. Dec. 15. Besides the house-made beer and wine, it will serve Italian food and pub fare.
▪ The BLVD Grill, 844 Hays Boulevard, will be a grill opening next to the clubhouse at The BLVD at Hays apartment complex. It is scheduled to open this month.
▪ Crumzz is scheduled to open at South Limestone and Euclid Avenue, with Philly cheese steaks, hot subs, and fresh-cut fries, possibly by the end of the month.
▪ Miyako Poké Bowl, 867 South Broadway, with poké (pronounced POE-keh) which is sort of like sushi salad, marinated and tossed with vegetables and served over rice, is scheduled to open this month.
▪ And watch for Wing Hut, 1951 North Broadway and 771 New Circle Road, to open soon.