Valentine’s Day is on a Wednesday this year, generally not a big night for dining out. But that doesn’t mean area eateries aren’t pulling out all the stops for romantic dining experience.
Here are places offering specials that you can wow your honey with.
▪ Martine’s Pastries, 1039 Industry Road, has lots of special sweets, including a box with six mini cakes, French macarons, Valentine’s-themed cookies and red-velvet cakes. To place an order, call 859-231-9110.
▪ Oscar Diggs, 155 North Limestone, will have a special three-course meal Feb. 14 by the Gastro Gnomes chefs for $75 a couple. It includes a draft beer selection. There will be seatings at 7, 8 and 9 p.m. Tickets will be available on Eventbrite.com; watch the Oscar Diggs Facebook page.
▪ Winchell’s, 348 Southland Drive, will have hand-cut ribeyes and pan-seared sea scallops, and Valentine’s Day-themed live trivia along with UK basketball on all TVs. Call 859-278-9424 for reservations.
▪ Holly Hill Inn, 426 North Winter Street in Midway, will serve its annual Aphrodisiac menu. Dinner guests have the option of a three-course ($45) or a seven-course prix fixe menu ($75), served starting at 5:30 p.m. Feb. 9 and 10 and Feb. 16 and 17. On Feb. 14, only the seven-course menu is available. Entrees include prime beef loin, black cod, scallops amandine and a fried stuffed eggplant. A three-course prix fixe ($30) sweetheart brunch menu featuring lobster omelette and petite steak and eggs, is served 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 16 and 17. Call 859-846-4732 for reservations or go to Hollyhillinn.com.
▪ Honeywood Restaurant, 110 Summit at Fritz Farm, will have Cajun-inspired specials on Valentine’s Day. Specials include an eight-ounce Cajun-spiced beef filet, shrimp and lobster etouffee, vegetable gumbo, and shrimp and avocado Garibaldi. Call 859-469-8234 or go to Honeywoodrestaurant.com.
▪ Midway Bakery, 510 South Winter Street, Midway, has a variety of sweets for Valentine’s Day, including a Nutella-stuffed chocolate cupcake with raspberry frosting and a passion fruit slice bar. Open daily. Go to Themidwaybakery.com or call 859-846-4336.
▪ Minton’s, 760 North Limestone, is open for dinner again and will have a $50 four-course menu. For entree, choose either saffron chicken tagine, filet mignon au poivre or sweet crab carbonara. Reservations will start at 5 p.m. Call 859-948-1874 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation.
▪ Clawdaddy’s, 128 North Broadway, will have a special menu Feb. 12 and 14 for $45 a person, including a glass of champagne. Order either lobster bisque and crabmeat fettuccine Alfredo, or crabmeat and corn chowder with lobster Newburg on brioche. Call 859-258-2529 for reservations.
▪ The Blue Heron Steakhouse, 185 Jefferson Street, will have a three-course menu for $75 a person, plus tax and tip. Entrees are prime rib with au jus, braised Berkshire pork shank, grilled filet or sautéed Florida grouper. Call 859-254-2491 for reservations.
▪ Portofino, 249 East Main Street, will feature Saratoga prime ribeye or a well-marbled prime New York strip sirloin for Valentine’s Day. The full regular menu also will be offered, including the house-made cheese ravioli with herb butter, and veal meatballs with Marsala sauce. Call 859-253-9300 for reservations.
▪ Distilled at Gratz Park, 120 West Second Street, will feature a three-course dinner on Valentine’s Day for $65 per person, with seatings at 5, 7 and 9 p.m. Entrees include porcini dry-rubbed filet, brown butter-poached halibut, roasted Berkshire pork tenderloin, or king crab capellini. Call 859-255-0002.
▪ Lexington Pasta Garage, 962 Delaware Avenue, will have special menu for two for $65 per couple. For entree, either lemon-rose ravioli, butter-toasted lemon ricotta ravioli with rose-infused pasta, or rosetti Aurora. For reservations, call 859-309-9840 or 859-421-1764 or send an email to email@example.com.
▪ Palmers Fresh Grill, 161 Lexington Green Circle, will have live music by Ben Lacy and Corey Cross from 6 to 9 p.m., and holiday-inspired cuisine & cocktail features. For reservations, call 859-273-0103.
▪ Azur Restaurant and Patio, 3070 Lakecrest Circle, will serve four courses for $65 a person: Order any appetizer, salad, entree and dessert from the regular menu. The deal will be available Feb. 9 to 17, in addition to regular a la carte ordering. Call 859-296-1007 for reservations and more information.
▪ Brasabana, 841 Lane Allen Road, will offer a $32.95 dinner special for two: Two five-ounce bacon-wrapped beef tenderloin filets with almond-crusted sea scallops over garlic-roasted asparagus.
▪ Blue Sushi Saké Grill, 105 Summit at Fritz Farm, will have Valentine’s Day-themed specials, including chicharrón short ribs, snow devil specialty maki, gindara and kobujime hirame, and chocolate pots de crème. Call 859-554-4452 for reservations.
▪ CRÚ,107 Summit at Frtiz Farm, will have a dinner for $55 a person featuring four courses inspired by legendary chefs, including Wolfgang Puck, Julia Child and Jacques Pepin. Call 859-971-9463 for reservations.
▪ Texas de Brazil, 151 LaRue, will start celebrating early, giving away $25 gift cards on Feb. 12 and 13 that guests can use later. On Feb. 14, the restaurant will have extended hours, 4 to 10:30 p.m.
▪ World of Beer, 122 Marion, will host speed dating from 6 to 9 p.m. Feb. 13 for $10, which guarantees you a spot in the dating rounds and two select beers. In case that doesn’t work, they will have an Anti-Valentine’s Day Party from 6 to 11 p.m Feb. 14 — you get 10 percent off order if you bring in a picture of your ex to destroy.