A 13-year-old boy in the Nicholas County school district has been hospitalized for viral meningitis.
District spokesman Hank Bond said school officials were informed Tuesday that the boy had a confirmed case of viral meningitis.
School employees are cleaning and disinfecting classrooms and buses.
"We'll notify people he came into contact with," Bond said.
Never miss a local story.
The boy was a member of the middle school football team, so all team equipment will be disinfected as well.
Viral meningitis is generally less severe than bacterial meningitis, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Bond said classes will continue at all schools in the district.