A fire Monday night that burned a Lawrenceburg pet store and killed a dozen dogs and cats started at an electrical panel at the rear of the business, city Fire Chief Bob Hume said Tuesday.
An investigator with the state fire marshal's office was on the scene Tuesday at Hilltop Plaza shopping center on Lawrenceburg's east side. The fire was reported at 7:30 p.m. Monday.
The dogs and cats were in a room at the back of the All About Animals store, Hume said. The store did not appear to have birds or reptiles.
A neighboring tanning salon suffered smoke and heat damage, and an auto parts store also had smoke damage, Hume said.
Never miss a local story.
About 50 firefighters from the Lawrenceburg and Anderson County fire departments responded to the fire, he said.