Cold temperatures are expected to stick around through the weekend, with chances of snow starting Friday night.
Meteorologist Robert Szappanos of the National Weather Service in Louisville said snow is not likely Thursday. He expects partly cloudy skies with highs in the low 30s. Nighttime lows are expected to be in the mid-teens.
Temperatures are expected to be similar Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The weather service predicted a 30 percent chance of snow Friday night, a 40 percent chance Saturday and a 60 percent chance Sunday.
Never miss a local story.
Lexington police were called to 65 accidents from 5 to 10:30 p.m. Tuesday. Three resulted in injuries. Things were much quieter Wednesday morning, police Lt. Doug Pape said.