The past two years I held a 12 days of Thanksgiving carnival on my personal blog. I didn't do that this year, mostly because time got away from me and maybe because I have a bit of blogging writer's block. Either way, I thought I would post 12 things I am thankful for today. With Thanksgiving coming up in a few days, I couldn't think of anything more appropriate than that. So, without further ado, here are 12 things I am thankful for, in no particular order.
1. Weight Watchers -- A year ago I was 94.6 pounds heavier and a thousand times more fatigued and unhealthy. Without Weight Watchers I would be in the same place I was last year and I never want to be there again.
2. Friends -- My friends have been some of my greatest supporters during my quest to be "perty by thirty." I couldn't have been blessed with any better.
3. Family -- My family has also stood by me during the ups and downs of weight loss over the past year. I am so happy to be able to claim them all as my own family.
4. Employment -- With the economy as it is I have seen several friends and family lose jobs. I am so thankful that both my husband and I have been able to weather the storm and continue to have great jobs that we can turn to.
5. Facebook -- Yes, I said it, I'm thankful for Facebook. Without it I would never have reconnected with so many great friends.
6. A 4 year old boy who loves to climb --Despite his attempts to harm himself greatly by climbing and diving off high objects, I completely adore my precious gift from God. Hoss is the cutest red headed, blue eyed 4 year old around. And he's all mine!
7. BluegrassMoms Family -- How great is it that we are able to come here and chat with other moms in our great central Ky area? And a special thank you to all the other bloggers, I appreciate all your stories and expertise!
8. Our Country -- While I don't always agree with all the decisions our leaders make, I totally appreciate living in this fabulous country. I love the freedom we have, all of which we owe to those in the Armed Forces, past, present and future.
9. Free things -- Either it be by shopping the deals at CVS, using my coupons to get great prices, or entering giveaway contests like this one, Free is my love language.
10. Health -- There is never a thankfulness list that should not have health listed. This year I am especially thankful for the health of my daredevil 4 year old. He has been free from serious injuries despite his death defying acts. Plus, we have been able to eliminate a doctor from his list (although we did add an allergist to the mix) and decrease the number of visits to his eye doctor. It was definitely a successful health year!
11. Church -- I am so thankful that I have been able to develop my passion for God into a hobby of helping with the youth of our church. From a church lock-in, to raking leaves, to baking cookies, we have had fun this year!
12. Sleep -- I don't get enough of it, but I love it...and need it. That being said, I'm going to end this here and go to sleep!
What are each of you thankful for this year? Remember to thank and appreciate all of those around you as we celebrate this thankful holiday.