2. Eating healthier makes me feel better. I don’t feel gassy and my stomach doesn’t roll and yell at me after eating. I don’t feel so full I could throw up, but I do feel full and satisfied. However, if I eat a greasy food, I will pay for it. That’s motivation not to eat it, right? (September Jessica says, I still stand by this one. I hate when I overeat or eat something greasy now.)
3. I have a lot more energy. I offer to go outside with Hoss instead of sighing and making up excuses when he asks. That’s what 60 pounds will do for ya! (September Jessica says, 80 pounds now!)
4. I am a proud person. At least I’m turning into one. I am caring more about what I look like and how I appear in certain clothing a lot more now than ever before. I am aware of the potential for arrogance and I’m trying to keep myself reigned in. However, I really need a spray tan and my teeth whitened. Maybe even some veneers. (September Jessica says, I still need the spray tan and veneers. I'm taking up donations if you are interested in helping out.)
5. My skin does not appear as oily. I’ve always had oily skin and recently this seems to be a bit less than normal. Except for when those hormones sneak up on me. (September Jessica says, still don't have to worry about oily skin as much.)
6. Accountability is a requirement for me. If I don’t have people to report to or who are there to motivate me and make me move, I often won’t do it. This is as simple as writing down my exercise for the weight loss incentive program at work. I know I have to document if I did it or not, so that makes me get off my rear and get moving. (September Jessica says, The BlogapaLOSEa is my current accountability motivator.)
7. I don’t have to be deprived of my favorite foods. If I want something I love that is nice and fattening, I can have it, but will have to accommodate for this food throughout the day. I also have found a lot of yummy low point alternatives to my favorite foods. These make me very, very happy. (September Jessica says, I'm finding it harder to stop eating those "bad" foods. I just want to keep stuffing my face. Yikes!)
8. Verbal encouragement is an amazing motivator. At least for me it is. However, I have to be cautious how I respond to the encouragement. Sometimes I slack off on my point counting and start to eat bad things because I know I look good. Other times it makes me want to keep working hard so I can look even better. (September Jessica says, I'm trying to learn how to accept a compliment better. I'm not very good at it.)
9. Weight Watchers is saving my life. Literally. As long as I don’t get hit by a car today (or anytime), I’m going to be living a long and happy life…as a skinny girl! (September Jessica says, YIPPEE!! I can't wait until the day I'm done with this fight.)
10. If I am determined, I can do anything. I’m certain that is true for anyone. The trick is finding the determination and motivation. It is only something that you can create. The only person who can change you is you. It’s a hard lesson to learn, but it can change your life. Seriously. It’s changing mine. (September Jessica says, I still stand behind this 100%. Anyone can change their life, you just have to take control and do it.)
September Jessica adds to the list:
Never miss a local story.
11. Amazingly, there are places on my body I had no idea were fat, but they were. For example, my fingers have slimmed down at least two ring sizes. I have had to purchase a plastic "ring buddy" to help my wedding band and engagement rings stay on my fingers. When my rings flew off my hand into the dryer as I was retrieving the dry clothes, I decided something needed to be done. I can't lose my rings. Not only are my fingers smaller, but so is my neck. I'm not talking about my chin because I had two or three of those, but my neck. It is amazing that I can almost see my collar bone. I didn't know it existed.
12. Shopping for smaller clothes is an awesome motivator. Plus, I am able to bargain shop and get great deals, which I love!
13. Having someone else who is walking the same journey as I am right along side me is the best accountability I can have. They are the only ones who really know what it feels like, sounds like and, in my case, tastes like!