Anger can make us do strange things, just as strange as what Balaam did in Numbers, chapter 22...
Yet as this story is read by people today, they scoff and ridicule the immaturity of civilizations past.
People today do not act so "uncivilized" anymore do they?
Yet there is abundant evidence of even stranger things done by modern man than even carrying on a conversation with an animal.
Never miss a local story.
Consider, for example:
Did you ever:
- get cut off by another driver in traffic, then yell at the driver who can’t hear you, abusing those in your own car who can hear you?
- yell at those who have nothing to do with the problem or trouble you are facing?
- tear up someTHING because you were mad at someONE?
- hurt ourselves because we are angry over something?
- be angry for so long we’ve forgotten what made us angry?
- be so angry we blame GOD for something that happened?
- let it continue until we lose touch with reality?
Are any of these things stranger than talking to a donkey?
At least perhaps you will be reminded of how Balaam did this, the next time you do something just as strange.