This recipe is easy, satisfying and adaptable. My kids love these tucked in their lunch boxes, but their portability makes them great for tailgates, road trips, or office brunches. They may be eaten warm or at room temperature. You can easily substitute other ingredients.
Egg Quiche Tarts
(2) 3 oz packages cream cheese, softened
2 tsp milk
1/2 cup shredded colby cheese, reserve a handful
2 T chopped yellow pepper
1 T finely chopped onion
(1) 8 oz tube Pillsbury crescent rolls, separated
Cooked Ham, cubed small or 5 strips Bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Beat cream cheese and milk until smooth.
2. Add eggs, colby, pepper, and onion to cream cheese mixture. Mix well.
3. Put one dough section in each of eight muffin cups.
4. Sprinkle ham or bacon into each muffin cup.
5. Pour in egg mixture (leave some room from top of cup because mixture will puff up).
6. Top each cup with remaining meat and reserved shredded colby cheese.
7. Bake for 18-22 minutes at 375 until knife comes out clean.