Fortified with turkey and dressing, many shoppers will scan Black Friday ads searching for bargains. But don’t forget to shop local. Small Business Saturday is this weekend, and many retailers will offer discounts and specials.
An assortment of vendors will gather at the Distillery Holiday Weekend Market at the Grand Reserve, 903 Manchester Street. You’ll find jewelry, pottery, leather goods and more, all under one roof. Hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
More shopping news
Never miss a local story.
▪ Lucia’s World Emporium at 328 North Ashland Avenue will celebrate its 10th anniversary with 20 percent off all purchases through Sunday. On Saturday, the first 10 shoppers get a free “Shop Small” tote bag. There will be fair-trade chocolate tastings all weekend.
▪ The Shops at Lexington Center at 430 West Vine Street will host its annual Holiday Open House from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday. Santa Claus will visit 2 to 5:30 p.m. in the food court. A free poinsettia will be given to shoppers with $100 or more worth of receipts. Three hours of free parking with merchant validation is available.
▪ The Headley-Whitney Museum of Art store sale on Saturday will feature 40 percent off most items. The museum, open from noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday, is located at 4435 Old Frankfort Pike.
▪ Lucille Jackson at Hunter’s Hatters, 140 DeWeese Street, will offer storewide discounts 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
▪ Pops Resale at 1423 Leestown Road will offer a weekend of discounts. On Friday, all used 45s and 78s will be 50 percent off; on Saturday save 30 percent on all used records. All clothing except outerwear will be 20 percent off on Friday and Saturday. A Pops gift certificate will be given away and refreshments will be served.
Harriett Hendren: 859-231-3175