Serendipity Boutique at 208 Woodland Avenue will celebrate its grand opening 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday with food, drinks, giveaways and more. The store carries women’s clothing and accessories including jewelry, scarves and hats.
More shopping news
▪ The Market 301 is 6 to 10 p.m. Friday at Manchester Music Hall, 899 Manchester Street. The monthly event features more than 30 boutiques and artisans offering everything from ceramics to jewelry and cocktail syrups. Admission is free.
Never miss a local story.
▪ The Athens Schoolhouse Antiques Show will host a holiday open house 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, noon to 5 p.m. Sunday at the Athens-Boonesboro School, 6270 Athens Walnut Hill Pike. Cider and cookies will be served. 859-255-7309. Antiqueskentucky.com. $2 admission.
▪ The Distillery Market is noon to 4 p.m. Sunday at 903 Manchester Street. Shop for jewelry, glassware, home decor, apparel and more.
▪ The Rollergirls of Central Kentucky’s 5th Annual Holiday Bazaar is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at The Plantory at 501 West Sixth Street. Vendors will feature LuLaRoe, Matilda Jane Clothing, Sadistic Mistress Sauces and more. The day will include a bake sale and silent auction.
▪ The Bread Box Holiday Open Studio is 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday at Bread Box Studio Artists, 501 West Sixth Street. Shoppers can purchase handmade items from artists Link Henderson, Steve Heartsill, Debra Klopp Kersey and Kenn Minter.
▪ At Janice's at the Saltbox, 859 East High Street, Tuesdays in December feature free gift wrapping, homemade treats and hot holiday punch from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The store carries handmade German ornaments from Inge-Glas, pieces from Virginia Metalcrafters, and more.
▪ The Berry Center in New Castle, which advocates for farmers and land conservancy, will host an open house 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. The day will include readings and book signings by Wendell Berry, Ed McClanahan, Gray Zeitz and other authors, a woodblock printing demonstration, cookies, wassail and more.
▪ More than 750 booths will be featured at the Christmas Gift and Decor Show at the Kentucky Exposition Center, 937 Phillips Lane in Louisville. Hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Admission is free, parking is $8 per vehicle.
Harriett Hendren: 859-231-3175