Let me fill you in on what dad really wants for Father’s Day; you can’t go wrong with any of these gifts:
▪ The House of Marley Stir It Up turntable sounds as good at it looks. It features a belt drive turntable with a replaceable needle cartridge, which runs manually with an auto/stop to play 33 1/3 RPMs or 45 RPMs. It connects to a stereo system with the USB output or use headphones with the 3.5 mm port. The turntable is build with an aluminum alloy platter and a natural bamboo body. Thehouseofmarley.com, $229.99.
▪ Grills and dads are a perfect combination, and getting the non-gas grill or fire pit going will no longer be a problem with Pine Mountain Extreme Start fire starters. With the strike of a match, the small starter lights up on the grill grate. Then place your charcoal or wood on the starter and, in a few minutes, you’re ready to cook. They are mess-free and designed for indoor or outdoor use. They come in a box of 12; each burns for about 20 minutes. Pinemountainfire.com, $6.45.
▪ The Ultimate Pigtail Flipper is an unusual grilling tool, perfect for grabbing a big piece of meat for flipping or removing it from the fire. It comes in a set, with a 17-inch Long Pigtail Meat Flipper and a 12-inch Short Pigtail Bacon Flipper. Both are dishwasher safe. Cavetools.com, $17.99.
Never miss a local story.
▪ V-Moda’s Forza Metallo Bluetooth ergonomic neckband headphones will rock dad’s head with incredible sound. The compact sound machine includes dual noise-canceling microphones for hands-free calls and sweat-resistant technology for the new 5.8 mm dynamic micro Hi-Res drivers. The sound kit includes eight pairs of color-coded soft silicone fittings and three sizes of detachable ActiveFlex sport fins. You’ll get up to 10 hours of music playback, fast USB charging and a carrying pouch. V-moda.com, $170.
▪ Garmin’s Dash Cam 45 standalone driving recorder will help dad keep an extra set of eyes on the road. Voice controls let you start and stop the recordings, which are captured at 1080p or 720p with a 2.1 megapixel camera. It has a 2-inch LCD display screen, automatic incident detection and GPS capabilities with location and time. Driver alerts include lane-departure and too-close-to-another-vehicle warnings. Wi-Fi allows for easy syncing. Recordings are stored on replaceable microSD cards (Class 10 required) of up to 64GB. Garmin.com, $149.99.
▪ Pelican has a new line of stainless-steel bottles that are great for the gym, camping, skiing or poolside, and they keep beverages hot for up to 12 hours or cold for 24 hours. They come in 18-, 32- and, 64-ounce sizes in black or white powder coat finishes and have a lifetime guarantee. Pelican.com, $29.95-$59.95.
▪ The Skylink Atoms garage door opener is easy to install and can be controlled with a smartphone (iOS and Android). It has a battery back-up, an LED light and is compatible with the IFTTT (If This Then That) platform, allowing it to connect to Amazon Echo, News Cam, Phillips Hue and WeMo. A passcode-protected, three-button remote is included. Skylinkhome.com, $299.