Funding from the Children’s Charity Fund of the Bluegrass, enables Jarrett’s Joy Cart to ease some fears for children dealing with a variety of chronic, congenital or life-threatening illnesses at Kentucky Children’s Hospital.
Jarrett’s Joy Cart is one of 35 local agencies serving children that received checks totaling more than $375,000 from the Children’s Charity Fund of the Bluegrass Monday. The check presentations were part of a tee-off reception marking the official start of a week-long schedule of events culminating with the Children’s Charity Classic golf tournament June 23-24 at Griffin Gate Golf Club and Greenbrier Golf & Country Club.
“Thanks to Children’s Charity Fund of the Bluegrass, HEEP (Jarrett’s Joy Cart’s Health, Education & Empowerment through Play program) is not just serving kids with cancer, but kids in all of Kentucky Children’s Hospital’s specialty clinics,” explained Jennifer Mynear, director of Jarrett’s Joy Cart, a non-profit organization founded by her son, Jarrett Mynear, who died of cancer at age 13. “One of the things we learned from our experience with Jarrett was how important it was to provide educational, fun things to help children learn about what’s happening to them.”
Since 1981, the Children’s Charity Fund of the Bluegrass has raised more than $10 million for agencies benefiting children of Central Kentucky.
Never miss a local story.
Agencies receiving funds based on proceeds from last year’s Children’s Charity events were:
▪ Arbor Youth Services
▪ Baby Health Services
▪ Baptist Health Foundation Lexington
▪ Big Brothers Big Sisters
▪ Camp Horsin' Around
▪ Carnegie Center for Literacy
▪ Center for Courageous Kids
▪ Central Kentucky Riding for Hope
▪ Child Development Center of the Bluegrass
▪ Children's Advocacy Center
▪ Chrysalis House
▪ Down Syndrome Association of Central Kentucky
▪ Foster Care Alliance of Lexington
▪ Gateway Children's Services
▪ Girl Scouts of Kentucky's Wilderness Road
▪ Girls on the Run Central Kentucky
▪ God's Pantry Food Bank
▪ Growing Together Preschool, Inc.
▪ Jarrett's Joy Cart
▪ Kentucky Easter Seal/Cardinal Hill
▪ Lexington Children's Theatre
▪ Lexington Hearing and Speech Center
▪ Lexington Leadership Foundation — Urban Impact
▪ Life Adventure Center of the Bluegrass / Cleveland Home
▪ Newton's Attic
▪ Ronald McDonald House
▪ Scott County Hospitality House
▪ Sweet Blessings
▪ The Nest
▪ The Toy Chest
▪ Visually Impaired Preschool Services
▪ Wilderness Trace CDC