Worn and Company at 901 Winchester Road offers a mix of apparel for men and women, accessories and furniture.
“It’s almost like a mercantile store, a bit of everything,” said Nick Nardiello, who opened the store May 12. Merchandise includes American-made Howler Brothers shirts, Bailey hats and Velva Sheen T-shirts, plus jeans, new and vintage bar ware, and records.
Nardiello said he hopes to fill a retail void, offering items that are neither department-store bland or bespoke.
“I really felt that there was a lack of this kind of store in Lexington, for men especially,” he said. “It’s the mall or you go to a custom suiting shop. I wanted to bring some casual jeans and everyday wear into the mix.”
Never miss a local story.
He sees his store as one where customers “have a comfortable experience when you walk in, you almost want to hang out there. You don’t feel like it’s a rushed, accelerated shopping experience.”
More shopping news
▪ The Market 301 is back, 6 to 10 p.m. Friday at Manchester Music Hall, 899 Manchester Street. Admission is free to this pop-up shopping event featuring local artisans, boutiques and food vendors. Themarket301.com.
▪ The Burlington Antique Show is Sunday at the Boone County Fairgrounds in Burlington. Early-bird admission from 6 to 8 a.m. is $6. Show admission from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. is $4. Free for ages 11 and younger. Burlingtonantiqueshow.com.
▪ Lexington newest Ross Dress For Less store celebrates its grand opening starting at 9 a.m. Saturday. The store is at 524 West New Circle Road, Suite 200, near the Walmart and Sally Beauty stores.
▪ “Agate: Jewel of Kentucky,” is on view in the lobby at the Kentucky Artisan Center in Berea through Nov. 11.
The exhibit features specimens, polished cabochons and finished jewelry created from the stone that is found in a range of colors in Kentucky. Pieces, including jewelry by Rachel Savané and Jarod Cox, are available for purchase.
▪ Save 30 percent off You-neeks Beaded Creations jewelry this weekend. The sale excludes the 50-percent-off table. Shop 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday in the Berea Room of The Shops at Lexington Center, 410 East Vine Street.
Harriett Hendren: 859-231-3175