Style expert and Louisville native Elizabeth Mayhew is coming home for an appearance at the the Kentucky Center at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 23 to share how being a Kentuckian has helped her career in unexpected ways. A pre-show reception is at 5:30 p.m.
Mayhew is a columnist for “The Washington Post,” a contributing editor at NBC’s “Today” show, and has served as brand editor for Reese Witherspoon’s Draper James which recently opened at The Summit at Fritz Farm.
More shopping news
Never miss a local story.
▪ Popular plus-size style bloggers Gabi Gregg and Nicolette Mason have launched a new fashion line this week called Premme. The curated selection of apparel includes a birds-of-paradise print mini skirt, $65, and a black twist-front dress, $65. Go to Premme.us.
▪ The Lansdowne Shoppes at 3319 Tates Creek Road is marking down merchandise for discounts at its sidewalk sale 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday. During the sale The Cotton Patch will offer free lemonade and accept donations for the Salvation Army’s LemonAid campaign.
▪ The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Co.Caravan will be at the Amerson Farm Knife Barn at 2731 Cincinnati Pike in Georgetown from 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday. The day will include prize drawings, discounts and knife giveaways, live music, and refreshments.
▪ Linens Limited at 114 Clay Avenue will host a summer white sale Friday through Aug. 5. Save 20 percent off storewide with select merchandise 40 to 60 percent off.
▪ Victoria’s Secret released its new Wicked fragrance collection this week. The scent is a darker take on the company’s popular Crush scent. Notes are freesia, black sugar, and Tahitian vanilla. Prices range from $18 to $68. You’ll find it at Victoria’s Secret stores and Victoriassecret.com.
Harriett Hendren: 859-231-3175