Style expert and Louisville native Elizabeth Mayhew is coming home for an appearance at the the Kentucky Center at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 23 to share how being a Kentuckian has helped her career in unexpected ways. A pre-show reception is at 5:30 p.m.
Mayhew is a columnist for “The Washington Post,” a contributing editor at NBC’s “Today” show, and has served as brand editor for Reese Witherspoon’s Draper James which recently opened at The Summit at Fritz Farm.
More shopping news
▪ Popular plus-size style bloggers Gabi Gregg and Nicolette Mason have launched a new fashion line this week called Premme. The curated selection of apparel includes a birds-of-paradise print mini skirt, $65, and a black twist-front dress, $65. Go to Premme.us.
▪ The Lansdowne Shoppes at 3319 Tates Creek Road is marking down merchandise for discounts at its sidewalk sale 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday. During the sale The Cotton Patch will offer free lemonade and accept donations for the Salvation Army’s LemonAid campaign.
▪ The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Co.Caravan will be at the Amerson Farm Knife Barn at 2731 Cincinnati Pike in Georgetown from 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday. The day will include prize drawings, discounts and knife giveaways, live music, and refreshments.
▪ Linens Limited at 114 Clay Avenue will host a summer white sale Friday through Aug. 5. Save 20 percent off storewide with select merchandise 40 to 60 percent off.
▪ Victoria’s Secret released its new Wicked fragrance collection this week. The scent is a darker take on the company’s popular Crush scent. Notes are freesia, black sugar, and Tahitian vanilla. Prices range from $18 to $68. You’ll find it at Victoria’s Secret stores and Victoriassecret.com.
Harriett Hendren: 859-231-3175