Feel like your look could use a little freshening up?
The experts can teach “the mysteries of life ... like how do to get voluminous hair before it becomes a rats nest! Or how to put on liquid liner before you reach Cleopatra status,” a recent Facebook post states.
Never miss a local story.
Topics for the event will include winged eyeliner, eyebrows, contouring, spring nails and hair. The experts will answer beauty questions from participants, too.
More shopping news
▪ Check out the latest in spring home decor and accessories at Fable + Flame during the store’s open house 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday. Merchandise include Tatine candles, Mia Widlake-designed pillows, and found items. The shop is located at 157A North Broadway, next to the Lexington Opera House.
▪ BioSilk is getting an upgrade after more than 30 years with the launch of its Organic Coconut Oil Leave In Treatment. Use the product to moisturize hair and skin. Prices are $15.20 for 2.26 ounces, $26.80 for 5.64 ounces. You’ll find it at Loxabeauty.com.
▪ Through Tuesday save 20 percent off Pine Cone Hill and Dash & Albert at Mulberry & Lime, 216 North Limestone Street.
▪ The Outlet Shoppes of the Bluegrass in Simpsonville will have a Presidents Day sale this weekend featuring extra savings. Take an additional 50 percent off clearance sneakers at the Converse outlet through Sunday. At Kate Spade, get 60 percent off your entire purchase plus another 20 percent off on select merchandise through Tuesday.
▪ More than 55 booths will offer art, home décor, food, jewelry, clothing, and accessories, at Tulips & Juleps, Feb. 23 and 24 at Slugger Field in Louisville. Proceeds will go to support initiatives of the Junior League of Louisville. Hours are 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Feb. 23, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Feb. 24. General admission is $5, which special events priced separately. Juniorleaguelouisville.org.
▪ The Maybelline Gigi Hadid Jetsetter Palette is available exclusively at Ulta, $29.99. The limited-edition product include two concealers, two lip balms four eyeshadows, mascara, bronzer, highlighter, and blush.
Harriett Hendren: 859-231-3175