Let me help you save some money while you’re shopping this week.
A number of local shops are offering good deals right now. Do yourself a favor and take your loyalty card and any digital coupons, paper coupons or rewards that you have when you’re shopping. You’ll be amazed at the savings.
Kroger: Kroger has four new “on your next order” offers. When you buy two of any participating items, you’ll get $5 or $10 back at checkout in the form of a Catalina, a coupon printed out at checkout. Participate in all four deals and you’ll earn $35 to use on your next Kroger trip. Plus you can match up coupons to get additional savings. Check out last Sunday’s newspaper coupons for product savings.
Don’t forget to download Kroger’s Free Friday digital coupon to your loyalty card on Friday.
Office Max/Office Depot: Through Saturday, Office Depot/Office Max is offering a one-for-one match on cleaning supplies after member rewards for online purchases only. It’s granted on five items only. For example, if you buy Puffs tissues, on sale for $7.19, you’ll receive $7.19 in rewards. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is on sale for $5.59, so you’ll get $5.59 in rewards.
Walgreens: Walgreens is offering $10 off a $50 purchase online through Saturday if you pay using Visa checkout. You must create an account on Visa checkout to participate. You can pay for your order with any major credit or debit card. Some restrictions may apply.
CVS: For a limited time, print out a $2 coupon four two Gold Emblem Abound snack items. Some of the snacks are on sale for $1 this week, so with the coupon, they’re free.
Also this week, receive $5 extracare bucks (reward card credits) to be used on your next transaction when you buy two CVS brand ibuprofen products, which are on sale now: Buy one, get a second for 50 percent off.
Target: Scan the free $5 gift card with a $20 purchase of meat or seafood available in the printed store ad or text MEAT (6328) to 827438. Match that sale with the 20 percent off Jennie-O Lean ground turkey Target Cartwheel app offer (expires Sunday) or 25 percent off Tyson Any’tizers frozen chicken Cartwheel app offer (expires Saturday) for great savings.
Through Saturday, Target is offering a $10 gift card when you spend $50 or more, or a $25 gift card when you spend $100 or more on toys, games or sporting goods. You can get this coupon from the Target weekly ad, on the Cartwheel app or by texting TOY10 ($10 gift card) or TOY25 ($25 gift card) to 827438 to have it delivered to your smartphone.
RiteAid: Buy two Q-Tips (30 count) that are on sale: Buy one get the second for 50 percent off. That means you can get two for $2.38, and loyalty card members receive 200 Plenti points ($2). You can take advantage of this deal four times.
▪ Sign up to receive a free “Jiffy Mix Recipe Book.” The book includes recipes for jalapeño corn bread, hush puppies, cream cheese cinnamon rolls, chocolate pudding cake, peanut butter bars, pie crust and more.
▪ Orville Redenbacher is giving away codes for a free superhero movie rental at the Google Play store. The code can be redeemed on “Catwoman,” “Superman The Movie,” “Green Lantern” or “Superman Returns.” Limit one per household. Expires June 9. Orville.com/heroes.
▪ Starbucks is running a Happy for Days promotion. Just ask a barista for a “Happy for Days” card. Each time you buy a grande Frappuccino, you’ll get a sticker. When you’ve filled the card with four Frappuccino purchases, you’ll receive one for free. Valid through June 15.
▪ Do you love Taco Bell? The restaurant might offer a free Doritos Locos Taco on June 13 and 20. During the NBA Finals, if a road team steals a win during games one through three, Taco Bell will give away a Doritos Locos Taco from 2 to 6 p.m. June 13. If any of the games four through seven are stolen, the taco giveaway will be 2 to 6 p.m. June 20.
▪ Dunkin Donuts also is celebrating National Doughnut Day on Friday. Get a free classic doughnut with the purchase of any beverage.
Deborah Morris’ every-other-week column, The Fru-Gal, can help you get more for less. Go to her website, Fru-gal-friends.com.