You've probably heard the expression that there's no such thing as a free lunch. It's just not true. This week's column includes nothing but freebies. Take a look and see what you can get for free.
▪ Receive a free trade magazine, and when you sign up you will be sent opportunities for additional magazines such as Diabetic Living, Weight Watchers and Maxim.
▪ Fill out short surveys and receive rewards that you can put toward subscriptions that include Wall Street Journal, New Yorker and Forbes magazines.
▪ Click the tab that says free magazines to sign up for many magazines or digital magazines from Family Circle to Bridal Guide and Star Digital .
Never miss a local story.
▪ Get a free burger at Backyard Burger by telling a little bit about yourself. After you join the e-club, you'll receive a welcome email with an offer for a free burger.
▪ Become a Raising Cane's Caniac to receive a free box combo.
▪ Get a free stack of Rooty Tooty Fresh n' Fruity pancakes from IHOP restaurant when you sign up to be a member of the Pancake Revolution. You'll also get a free stack on your birthday.
▪ Sign up to be a Movie Tavern member to receive free popcorn plus a free movie ticket on your birthday.
▪ Sign up for Godiva Rewards Club to receive a free piece of chocolate every month in participating Godiva stores.
▪ Receive 50 free 4x6 prints and unlimited secure photo storage from Shutterfly.
▪ Get 55 free 4x6 prints with your first upload at Snapfish.
▪ Send a free postcard with your Facebook photos while supplies last.
▪ Leading antibiotics are now free at your local Meijer pharmacy. The program covers leading oral generic antibiotics with a special focus on the prescriptions most filled for children included in program amoxicillin, SMZ-TMP, cephalexin, ciprofloxacin, ampicillin, and penicillin.
▪ Have special diet restrictions or just want to ask questions of a dietitian? Kroger offers a private tour with their in-house dietitian Amey Herald. Email her to set up a time and date with her.
▪ Sign up for Walgreens Balance Rewards for Healthy Choices to start earning rewards that can be used toward savings at checkout. You can earn 20 points for every mile you walk, run or cycle plus 20 points per blood pressure test and blood glucose test.
▪ Get a free flu shot Oct. 9 only at Imani Family Life Center, 1555 Georgetown Road from 4-7 p.m.
▪ Get a flu shot at Kmart and get a free $5 gift card. Offer good at participating locations through March 31, 2015.
▪ Join Victoria Secrets Pink Nation to receive a free panty with any pink purchase. You also can receive coupons by signing up.
▪ Get a free liquor bottle gift from Knob Creek when you enter your date of birth, then click where it says "create labels" at the top right. You must be 21 years or older to request this.
▪ Choose your favorite brand and get free gift labels from Yourgiftlabel.com
▪ Get free Crown Royal gift labels when you click Crown Royal labels at Crownroyallabels.com
▪ Full-time college students receive free general admission on Oct. 10 to Keeneland and the chance to win one of 10 $1000 scholarships.
▪ Chase Bank customers can present their Chase debit or credit card for free general admission at Keeneland's South or East gate on Oct. 12.
▪ Visit a participating Toys R Us store from noon to 2 p.m. Oct. 11 for a Star Wars Rebels Event. Kids ages 5 and older can build and take home a free mini Lego Ghost Ship. Call your local store for more information.