There are apps for a whole lot of things these days. Some apps can help you save money.
Here are a few that are worth looking at:
Ibotta: After you’ve bought a product, scan the product bar codes, then submit a photo of your receipt. You’ll have the cash deposited into your Ibotta account within 48 hours.
Shopkick: Earn reward points called kicks by shopping. They can be redeemed for gift cards to your favorite stores.
Checkout 51: Every Thursday morning, Checkout 51 updates a list of offers. Pick the ones you like, buy them at a store and then upload a photo of your receipt through our mobile app or website. When your account reaches $20, you are sent a check.
Mobee: Described as a “fun, new way to make money on your phone,” the app works by displaying “missions” in your area that pay to complete. The missions are displayed on a map, allowing you to quickly see which ones you can easily perform on your next shopping trip. The idea is that you’re going to be there anyway, why not earn a couple bucks in the process?
Swagbucks: This app focuses on surveys. After you download the app, pick a survey to complete and earn “swagbucks” when you complete it. The survey will tell you how long it will take to complete and the number of swagbucks you’ll earn. Earn 500 swagbucks and you’ll be eligible for a $5 gift card from Amazon, Starbucks, Walmart or Target.
▪ Download the Penn Station East Coast Subs app and register under the rewards section to receive an offer for a free six-inch sub. This offer is available for a limited time.
▪ Get an offer for a free medium slush at Sonic when you download the new app. Available for a limited time.
▪ Download the Moe’s Southwest Grill app and get a free burrito (expires in seven days). If you register with Facebook you will get 50 rewards points which equals $5.
▪ Download McDonald’s app for free medium fries with purchase on Fridays. You also will get surprise deals all week long.
▪ Download the Kmart mobile app and get a coupon for free item every Friday. Coupon can be found in the Friday Fix section.
▪ Check the label on your recent issue of Lowes Creative Idea magazine for a $10 off coupon code when you download its free app.
▪ Those using the latest version of the Chick-fil-A app will receive an offer for a free Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich, Spicy Chicken Sandwich or Grilled Chicken Sandwich through June 11. Offer is redeemable at participating restaurants through June 30.
▪ Lowe’s is having a free Build & Grow event at 10 a.m. June 11 for kids to make a Captain America figure. Registration is required. Lowesbuildandgrow.com
▪ Get a free personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut by bringing in a PepsiMoji bottle with an emoji of a pizza to your nearest Pizza Hut to receive a free pizza. One pizza per bottle. Limited time offer.
▪ Save money on your ticket to Finding Dory with the purchase of a specially marked box of Quaker Chewy. Offer ends Sept. 30. Findfunwithchewy.com
▪ Receive a free child’s movie admission through Aug. 15 when you buy any three participating Mott’s juices and applesauces in one transaction. Follow the directions to submit an image of your receipt for validation. Mottsmovieoffer.com
▪ Kroger is offering four times the fuel points when you buy gift cards through June 19. You will need to download the Kroger digital coupon in order for you to get credit.
▪ Taco Bell is giving away free tacos during the NBA finals. If the away team wins games one, two or three in the NBA finals, Taco Bell’s “Steal a Game, Steal a Taco” promotion says it will give everyone a free Doritos Locos Taco from 2 to 6 p.m. June 15. If the visiting team loses the first three games but then wins a game during games four through seven, everyone can grab a free Doritos Locos Taco from 2 to 6 p.m. June 21.
Deborah Morris’ every-other-week column, The Fru-Gal, can help you get more for less. Go to her website, Fru-gal-friends.com.