How can you save money at the grocery store? It always amazes me when people walk down the aisle just putting items in their cart without even looking at the price. I wonder if they have enough money to throw down the drain because that is exactly what they are doing. You can start saving by looking at the price of the items. For example: Kroger had half gallon of milk for 99 cents when the one gallon was $2.50 you wouldn’t believe how many people bought the gallon instead of two half gallons. If you are not going to cut coupons, at least try to look through the sale flyer before you start shopping. Here are some special programs you may not be aware of from different stores.
Never miss a local story.
- Double up to 50 cent coupon everyday.
- Buy One Get One Free doesn’t mean you need to buy two. You can buy one at 50% off.
- 10 for $10 doesn’t mean you need to buy ten of those items, they will ring up for $1.00
- Digital coupons that load right on your Kroger Plus Card. Just go to the following websites, enter your name and Kroger number then you are ready to load coupons right on your card. This means when you swipe your card at checkout all the coupons for the items you bought will automatically be deducted off at the end of your order.
- You should also be getting many coupons in the mail from Krogers. If you are not maybe the information that was initially given to Krogers when you signed up for the Kroger Plus Card is not correct. I talked to the marketing director at Krogers, he said many people just entered false information thinking it would never be used for anything. Go to customer service to check. I get many FREE item coupons in the mail.
- Double up to 50 cent couple everyday but will only double of the same coupon. For example- you have four 50 cent coupons for cheese, you buy four packages of cheese they will double two of your 50 cent coupons to $1.00 but the other two will only be worth 50 cents. The best way to do this transaction is to do it in two transaction so they double all four of your coupons.
- Meijers website offers store coupons that can be matched with manufacturer coupons.
- Go to http://www.meijermealbox.com/ to print out Meijer coupons
- Target now has a price matching policy. Bring a sales flyer from any other store and they will match that price. It has to be the item that is featured in the flyer.
- Target’s website has target coupons that can be used with manufacturer coupons.
- Target offers gift cards when you buy certain amounts of items. For example this week you can bring the sales flyer in from Walgreens to get Raisin Bran cereal for $1.99 each. When you buy four you will receive a $5 Target gift card. Print two $1.50 off two boxes of Raisin Bran coupon to receive four boxes for FREE.
- Bring in a sales flyer from another store and they will match the price.
- Get ready for KMART’s huge coupon deal April 4-10. It looks like it is coming our way. During that week KMART will double coupons up to $2.00. This is a great way to get lots of stuff free. There will be a limit per order so watch for the weekly flyer with special instructions.
- Use a store coupon along with a manufacturer coupon
- If the Sunday paper has more than two inserts definitely buy two papers
- If you are afraid of fraudulent coupons here are some dependable sites:
· I will be teaching another class Saturday May 15 at the Central Library downtown. Call to register if you want to learn more tips on saving money.
Go to my website to sign up for email updates of special savings delivered right to your inbox. www.fru-gal-friends.com
Get a FREE 5 x 5.75 pocket photo book from Kodak galley at Target. Upload 14 or more photos to easily create photo book in minutes. Just use code TGTFREEBOOK at checkout.
Get a sample of Playtex Gentle Glide
Sign up and get freebies from U by Kotex
Get a $10 shop credit at Walgreens.com the first time you refill a store prescription online
Print out a Buy One Get One Free coupon from Whiskas cat food
Register your participating Kroger Plus Card and your child’s school information at Wake Up to Bonus Box Tops where you will receive virtual Box Tops for participating products. No tearing and cutting out box tops. Upon registration you will even receive 5 Bonus Box Tops.
Whether you’re an all-out enthusiast or just an occasional rider, you’re invited to join Saddle Up Safely team members, UK HealthCare and UK College of Agriculture for a free lecture on simple things you can do to stay safe while riding.
Tuesday, 6:30 pm, March 23 at The Red Mile Clubhouse, 1200 Red Mile Road.
The event is free, call 1-800-333-8874 to register. Learn more at www.saddleupsafely.org
Sign up to receive a free download of the book The Little Engine That Could. Playdate with a purpose provides group activities and tips to make books more fun and educational for kids. www.parents.com/playdatewithapurpose
Jennie Garth is hosting “Garden Party” – a digital series featuring recipes, tips and activities to help you create a lifelong love of veggies in your family.
On a beautiful day go to The Arboretum, State Botanical Garden of Kentucky located at 500 Alumni Drive. Enjoy a two-mile paved walkway with viewing of seven physiographic regions of Kentucky. Bring the children to the new Children’s Garden which is a safe 1.85 acre outdoor learning environment designed to help children 2-10 years old discover plants and the environment. Admission is FREE.
Feed off the energy of the Whole Food Team on Saturday, March 27 from 1 pm to 3 pm at Lexington Green. Start off learning how to hula hoop then join in a scavenger hunt. Let's start getting healthy with a little fun from Whole Foods.