· Kentucky Small Business Development Center- small fee or no charge at all for classes Sign up online there are many different locations for classes http://kysbdc.ecenterdirect.com/Conferences.action
· FAQ’s of Starting a Small Business, August 31 from 6pm to 8pm. Two hour seminar will help you answer questions you have about starting a business.
· Green Your Business, September 1 from 8:30am to 12:30am. Learn how joining the green revolution is not only a great thing for saving the environment, but also can help you save money.
· Business Plan Basics- September 14 from 6pm to 8pm. This seminar will teach the basics of writing a business plan.
Cooperative Extension Services
· Invasive Plants, September 14 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm at UK Arboretum Woods. Register at Fayette County Extension. http://ces.ca.uky.edu/fayette-files/Horticulture/Gardeners_Toolbox_10.pdf
· Best Years of Your Life workshop, September 3 starting at 8:30am to 3:30pm at Fayette County Extension Service. This seminar will explore opportunities that can make your life healthier and happier.
· FREE Kidney disease screening, September 14th from 9 am to 12pm at the Fayette County Extension Service located at 1140 Red Mile Road. Please call (859) 257-5582 to register for a time.
UK Arboretum – pre-registration required for all classes call (859) 257-6955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Tree, Trails and Creatures October 2 from 5:00 to 7:00pm. Enjoy creative and educational activities for all ages. Discover creatures in the gardens and woodlands along with apple tastings, face and pumpkin painting, leaf etching, live insects and much more.
· Green Lawn Care, September 7 from 6pm to 8pm or September 8 from 9am to 11 am. Learn the best, most environmentally friendly lawn grass and how it can be maintained with minimal input of resources.
· Riparian Buffer Restoration Workshop October 19 at 6:30pm or October 21 at 10am. Learn how Riparian buffers can benefit water quality, stream bank stabilization and habitats. You also can learn how to remove invasive plants, how to select native plants and maintenance.
Lexington Public Library
· The library offers many free to public computer classes. Computer Basics, Excel, Word, Design your own Web page, Publisher plus many more. Go to your local library site for times and dates of computer classes. http://www.lexpublib.org/ComputerClasses
· Basic Dog Obedience, August 30 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at Beaumont Library learn how to solve behavior issues, teach your dog basic cues and how to troubleshoot future behavior issues that my arise. Call (859) 231-5570 to register.
· Using the Better Business Bureau to avoid scams in a tough economy at Eagle Creek Library Branch, September 28 starting at 7:00pm. Call (859) 231-5560 to register.
Woodford Equine Hospital located at 3550 Lexington Road, Versailles KY
· An evening of education with Hoyt Cheramie DVM the Strategic Deworming, the value of fecal egg count test and new advances in the market. August 26 starting at 6:30pm please call to register (859) 873-7361 http://woodfordequinehospital.com/
· Law of Attraction Workshop, September 30 starting at 7pm. Learn about attracting more positive, healthy moments in your life. Explore how you can implement the Law of Attraction in your life. Pre-register at bookstore.
· Coach Calipari will be signing his book Bounce Back at Joseph-Beth on August 31 starting at 7pm. Line tickets are required and available with book purchase. http://www.josephbeth.com/AdultEvents.aspx
· HP offers a variety of free, online classes for both the Home & Home office and Business customers. Enjoy the self-paced lessons, expert instructors and active message boards. http://www.hp.com/united-states/hho/classes/
· Massachusetts Institute of Technology offers a web-based publication of virtually all MIT course content. You will not get any credits for the class but you can tackle new subjects and unlock your knowledge.
· Free copy of Take Care of Your Feet for a Lifetime contact the National Diabetes Education Program at 1-888-693-6337 or visit their website www.YourDIabetesInfo.org
· Free Dryel and Dryel refill from Walmart. Just purchase by August 31 at Walmart then send in receipt, rebate form and UPC’s to get full purchase price refund. http://dryel.com/rebate/
· Try World’s Best Cat Litter for Free. Download and print your rebate slip at www.tryforyourself.com
· Five free Drive now text later bumper stickers from Do Something http://www.dosomething.org/thumb-wars/bumper-stickers
· Free Sports Authority Gift Card when you buy $10 or more of participating products http://www.takeahealthybite.com/
· Every Monday starting at 12:00pm V8 is giving away $1,000 samples of V8 Fusion http://www.facebook.com/V8VFusion?v=app_136616559683262
· Until September 7 eBay is offering up to 100 listings for FREE. http://pages.ebay.com/promo/ListFreeAuctions2010/
· Get $12 voucher to AirTran Airways you do need to book by September 30 but fly by December 10. http://www.airtran.com/DwightVoucher/
· Coupon from JCPenny for $10 off any purchase totaling up to $25 or more good until August 28 http://f.chtah.com/i/2/95827765/main_20100825.html
· Starting September 1 and ending December 31 purchase fifty dollars worth of P&G products you will receive a coupon book with over $110 in coupons. This can be done in multiple transactions. http://www.pgeverydaysolutions.com/pgeds/pgeverydaysavings/index.jsp#
· Toys R Us and Babies R Us have a great trade in deal going on August 27 through September 19. Bring in any used car seat, stroller, travel system, high chair, play yard, bassinet, crib and toddler bed and you will receive 25% off any new item from participating brands.
· Kentucky Mudworks and Bourbon N’ Toulouse are hosting the second annual Empty Bowls charity event to benefit Moveable Feast of Lexington. Diners will eat a delicious Cajun meal provided by Bourbon N’ Toulouse, located at 829 Euclid Avenue and go home with an artist made ceramic bowl. Donations of $10 are suggested.
· Pack a picnic and enjoy free live music from 3pm to 5pm at Equus Run Vineyard, 1280 Moores Mill Road, Midway http://www.equusrunvineyards.com/
· Visit Whole Foods, September 11 at 4pm on their patio as kids sample many kid-friendly Back to School items. Kids will assign grades to each product helping parents to know what their child likes the best.