The Bluegrass Retired Teachers Association will meet at 11:30 a.m. Sept. 13 at Stoner Creek Club, 47 East Main Street, Paris. The program will be presented by Ernie Trosper, who will discuss membership. A memorial service for teachers who died during the previous year will be held. New officers will also be installed. Reserve a spot by calling Anna Mack at 859-252-4353. Cost for the luncheon is $16.
The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Sept. 13 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: Building Cathedrals: The Power and Purpose of Your Career. Info: 859-257-8905 or Ukalumni.net/jobclub.
The Bluegrass Business Analysts Chapter will meet 6:30 to 8 p.m. Sept. 21 at Tempur Sealy International, 1000 Tempur Way. Cost: free for members, $10 non-members, $5 students. Register at Bluegrassiiba.com.
Never miss a local story.
Women Leading Kentucky will hold its next Roundtable Networking Luncheon from noon to 1:30 p.m., following a networking opportunity at 11:30 a.m., Sept. 21 at the Eastern Kentucky University Center for the Arts Black Box. Speaker: Kentucky State Treasurer Allison Ball. Tickets for the luncheon are $35. Register at Womenleadingky.com.
The Bluegrass Chapter of the Military Officers Association of America will meet at noon Sept. 23 at the Equestrian Woods Country Club, 107 Clubhouse Drive. Speaker: Brig. Gen. Scott A. Campbell, Assistant Adjutant General, Army, Kentucky National Guard. Campbell also serves as Joint Task Force Commander for large-scale domestic operations within the state. The meeting is open to all military officers — active duty, reserve and retired — and their guests. To attend, contact 859-271-2606, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A buffet lunch will be available for $17.
Women Leading Kentucky will host a Networking After Hours event from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 14 at the Hilton Suites patio at Lexington Green. $20, includes hors d’oeuvres; $30 bring a friend; $1 beer and wine. Register at Womenleadingky.com/wlk-online-registration/.
Workshops and classes
▪ Let’s Talk Small Biz-Conversation Commercial Insurance Agent, 9 to 10:15 a.m. Sept. 23, Rumi’s Cafe, 125 Codell Drive, $20. Register here: Bluegrass-sbdc.eventbrite.com.
▪ Build a Powerful Image for Your Company by Envisioning Your Brand, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 29, Commerce Lexington, 330 E. Main St., $25. Register here: Envisionyourbrand.eventbrite.com.
The Inventors Council will hold its Workshop for Inventors & Entrepreneurs at 6 p.m. Sept. 13 at the Eastside Library Branch, 3000 Blake James Drive (at the corner of Palumbo & Man o’ War). Hosted by Don West and Raj Shah. Membership: $50. Info: Kyinventors.org or 859-201-1311.
Bluegrass Community & Technical College’s Workforce Solutions office will offer the following online professional development courses beginning Sept. 14. Classes cost $95 each. Go to Ed2go.com/bluegrass for course descriptions or call 859-246-6666 for more information.
▪ Computer Skills for the Workplace
▪ Employment Law Fundamentals
▪ Introduction to Crystal Reports
▪ QuickBooks for Contractors
▪ Introduction to InDesign CC
▪ Windows 7 - 8.1 & 10, 7 p.m. Sept. 13.
▪ Microsoft Access, 7 p.m. Sept. 15.
▪ Android System & Devices, 7 p.m. Sept. 20.
Photo Coffee, 9 a.m. Sept. 22 and 29.
Android System & Devices, 7 p.m. Sept. 20.
Unix / Linux, 7 p.m. Sept. 22.
Database, 7 p.m. Sept. 26.
Digital Photography, 7 p.m. Sept. 27.
Dr Fixit & iHelp, 10 a.m. Oct. 1.
Beginning Photographers, 9:30 a.m. Sept. 28, $40.
▪ Windows 10, begins 1 p.m. Sept. 12, $60.
▪ Excel Spreadsheets, begins 10 a.m. Sept. 26, $60.
▪ Intermediate iPad, begins 10 a.m. Sept. 26, $60.
▪ Advanced & Independent Digital Imaging (PaintShopPro), begins 10 a.m. Sept. 28, $60.
▪ Beginning iPhone, begins 1 p.m. Sept. 28.
▪ Computer Basics, begins 10 a.m. Sept. 29.
▪ OS X (El Capitan) for Macs, begins 10 a.m. Sept. 30, $60.
Education and Workforce Development Cabinet has the following meetings scheduled in September. Those planning to attend meetings should confirm times and dates before traveling. People with disabilities may request accommodations by contacting the specified staff person. For more info, go to Ewdc.ky.gov/.
▪ KY Assistive Technology Loan Corp., 9 a.m.-noon, Sept. 14, Charles McDowell Center, 8412 Westport Road, Louisville. Contact: Sarah Richardson, 1-877-675-0195.
▪ Early Childhood Advisory Council, 10 a.m. Sept. 15. Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, 464 Chenault Road, Frankfort. Contact: Diana Hutch, 502-782-0200.
▪ Kentucky Commission on Proprietary Education, 1:30 p.m. Sept. 21, 300 Sower Blvd., Conference Room 414, Frankfort. Contact: Misty N. Edwards, 504-564-4185.
▪ KATS Network Advisory Council, 9 a.m. Sept. 23, West Kentucky Assistive Technology Resource Center, Wendell Foster Campus, 815 Triplett St., Owensboro. Contact: James Brown, 1-800-327-5287.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo