The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Dec. 13 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: Wellness in your job search and when to seek help. Info: 859-257-8905 or Ukalumni.net/jobclub.
A Job Fair hosted by The Woodford County Chamber of Commerce in coordination with KCTCS will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday at KCTCS. More than 900 jobs will become available in Woodford County within the next few months and 14 employers are participating: Kroger, Nesco Resources, Midway University, Agility Gymnastics, Citizens Commerce Bank, Hamilton-Ryker, Quad Graphics, State Farm Insurance, More Than A Bakery, The Home Place at Midway, Bluegrass Community Hospital, Daisy Hill Senior living, and Little Caesars. Bring resumes and dress for success. For more info, contact Don Vizi, executive director, Woodford County Chamber of Commerce at 859-873-5122 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Never miss a local story.
Workshops and classes
The Kentucky Small Business Development Center will offer the following workshops. For more info or to register, go to Ksbdc.org.
▪ How to Maximize TSMSDC MBE Certification to Grow Your Business, 3 to 5 p.m. Dec. 12, at FCPS Warehouse, 1126 Russell Cave Road, free. Register at Kysbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events.
▪ GEW-Let’s Talk Small Biz-Human Resources, 9 to 10:15 a.m. Dec. 16 at Rumi’s Café. Register at Kysbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events.
▪ Database, 7 p.m. Nov. 28.
▪ Photo Coffee, 9 a.m. Dec. 1 and 8.
▪ Tech Chat, 1:30 p.m. Dec. 1.
▪ Dr. Fixit & iHelp, 10 a.m. Dec. 3.
▪ Word Processing, 1:30 p.m. Dec. 6.
▪ Macintosh & iPad, 7 p.m. Dec. 8.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo