The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. June 13 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: Build your brand and set yourself up for success with LinkedIn. Information: 859-257-8905 or Ukalumni.net/jobclub.
Women Leading Kentucky’s Networking After Hours will be 5:30 to 7 p.m. June 21 at Wild Thyme Cooking, 1060 Chinoe Road. Work together and meet new people as you create tapas. $35 per person or $60 for two people, includes culinary experience with a chef, tapas, wine and networking. Register here.
Never miss a local story.
Workshops and classes
The Kentucky Coal Academy will host the following, free refresher mining trainings through its program at Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College’s Harlan campus, at 164 Ball Park Road, Mining Industry building, second floor.
▪ 8-hour Surface Refresher, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. June 20; must have Kentucky Surface Miners card
▪ 8- or 16-hour Underground Refresher, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, June 19 and 20 (attend one day for an 8-hour certification or both days for a 16-hour); must have Kentucky Underground Miners card
▪ Windows 10, 7 p.m. June 13
▪ Microsoft Access, 7 p.m. June 15
▪ Photo Coffee, 9 a.m. June 15 and 22
▪ Android System & Devices, 7 p.m. June 20
▪ Unix/Linux, 7 p.m. June 22
▪ Database, 7 p.m. June 26.
▪ Digital Photography (at Murphy’s Camera, 1100 Winchester Rd), 6 p.m. June 27.
▪ Dr Fixit, 10 a.m. July 1.
▪ iHelp, 10 a.m. July 1.
▪ Windows 10 Operating System begins at 1 p.m. June 26
▪ Getting the Most out of Your iPhone begins at 10 a.m. June 27
▪ Advanced Digital Imaging (Independent Work) begins at 10 a.m. June 28
The Inventors Council of Central Kentucky will hold its Inventor/Entrepreneur Workshop at 7 p.m. June 13 at the Eastside Library, 3000 Blake James Drive. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for networking. The workshop is confidential and for members only. Cost is $60 to join. Sign up by clicking here.
The Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government and the Kentucky Small Business Development Center are offering the following free workshops at 200 East Main Street, Room B109. For more info, go to Ksbdc.org. Register at Kysbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events.
▪ Your Passport to Opportunity: Which Certification is Right for Me? 10 a.m. to noon June 15.
▪ How to Develop Capability Statements, 10 a.m. to noon July 12.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo