Midway Toastmasters meets every Monday from 6 to 7:15 p.m. at Midway University in the Anne Hart Raymond Center Building, Room 120. The group works on improving leadership and public speaking skills. For more info, go to 1990654.toastmastersclubs.org.
The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. June 27 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: Resumes that clearly represent you. Information: 859-257-8905 or Ukalumni.net/jobclub.
Never miss a local story.
Women Leading Kentucky’s Networking After Hours will be 5:30 to 7 p.m. June 21 at Wild Thyme Cooking, 1060 Chinoe Road. Work together and meet new people as you create tapas. $35 per person or $60 for two people, includes culinary experience with a chef, tapas, wine and networking. Register at womenleadingky.com.
Workshops and classes
▪ Android System & Devices, 7 p.m. June 20
▪ Unix/Linux, 7 p.m. June 22
▪ Photo Coffee, 9 a.m. June 22 and 29
▪ Database, 7 p.m. June 26.
▪ Digital Photography (at Murphy’s Camera, 1100 Winchester Rd), 6 p.m. June 27.
▪ Dr Fixit, 10 a.m. July 1.
▪ iHelp, 10 a.m. July 1.
▪ Tech Chat, 1:30 p.m. July 6
▪ Windows 10 Operating System begins at 1 p.m. June 26
▪ Getting the Most out of Your iPhone begins at 10 a.m. June 27
▪ Advanced Digital Imaging (Independent Work) begins at 10 a.m. June 28
The Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government and the Kentucky Small Business Development Center are offering the following free workshops at 200 East Main Street, Room B109. For more info, go to Ksbdc.org. Register at Kysbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events.
▪ How to Develop Capability Statements, 10 a.m. to noon July 12.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo