Midway Toastmasters meets every Monday from 6 to 7:15 p.m. at Midway University in the Anne Hart Raymond Center Building, Room 120. The group works on improving leadership and public speaking skills. For more info, go to 1990654.toastmastersclubs.org.
The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. July 11 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: Research your target organization before the interview. What to know and how to find out. Information: 859-257-8905 or Ukalumni.net/jobclub.
Workshops and classes
Never miss a local story.
Inventors Network KY will present Protect Your Idea, Invention or Business from 6:30 to 9 p.m. July 18 at 699 Perimeter Drive. This Empowered Inventing Class, will teach you how to form, plan and implement a strategy for protecting what’s valuable for you regarding your idea, invention, startup or business. To register for this class, go to Protectyouridealex.eventbrite.com.
▪ Database, 7 p.m. June 26.
▪ Photo Coffee, 9 a.m. June 29 and July 6
▪ Digital Photography (at Murphy’s Camera, 1100 Winchester Rd), 6 p.m. June 27.
▪ Dr Fixit, 10 a.m. July 1.
▪ iHelp, 10 a.m. July 1.
▪ Tech Chat, 1:30 p.m. July 6
▪ Tech Night, 7 p.m July 10
▪ Windows 10, 7 p.m. July 11
▪ Secrets of the iPad, 1 to 4 p.m. July 12
▪ Android System, 7 p.m. July 18
▪ Windows 10 Operating System begins at 1 p.m. June 26
▪ Getting the Most out of Your iPhone begins at 10 a.m. June 27
▪ Advanced Digital Imaging (Independent Work) begins at 10 a.m. June 28
The Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government and the Kentucky Small Business Development Center are offering the following free workshops at 200 East Main Street, Room B109. For more info, go to Ksbdc.org. Register at Kysbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events.
▪ How to Develop Capability Statements, 10 a.m. to noon July 12.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo