Midway Toastmasters meets every Monday from 6 to 7:15 p.m. at Midway University in the Anne Hart Raymond Center Building, Room 120. The group works on improving leadership and public speaking skills. For more info, go to 1990654.toastmastersclubs.org.
The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. July 11 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: Research your target organization before the interview. What to know and how to find out. Information: 859-257-8905 or Ukalumni.net/jobclub.
Workshops and classes
Never miss a local story.
Inventors Network KY will present Protect Your Idea, Invention or Business from 6:30 to 9 p.m. July 18 at 699 Perimeter Drive. This Empowered Inventing Class will teach you how to form, plan and implement a strategy for protecting what’s valuable for you regarding your idea, invention, startup or business. To register for this class, go to Protectyouridealex.eventbrite.com.
Bluegrass Community & Technical College’s Workforce Solutions office will offer the following online professional development courses beginning July 12. Go to ed2go.com/bluegrass for course descriptions or call 859-246-6666 for more info.
▪ Employment Law Fundamentals, $95
▪ Project Management Professional Certification Preparation, $183
▪ Senior Professional in Human Resources, $1,795
▪ Understanding the Human Resources Function, $95
▪ Worker’s Compensation, $95
Shiftify: The More You Know, The More You Grow, presented by Gen47 and CMI Consulting, will offer the following classes at 2808 Palumbo Drive. Classes are $79 each or $59 each when you book two or more classes. For more info, go to Shiftify.training.
▪ Rejection Redirection, Use the Power of Rejection to Win, 2:30 p.m. July 18 or July 24
▪ Gain Radical Fans: Don’t Just Master Customer Service, Own It, 2:30 p.m. July 19 or 8 a.m. July 25
▪ The Powerful and Purposeful Presenter: Be a Dynamic Public Speaker, 2:30 p.m. July 20 or 8 a.m. July 28
▪ De-stress Express: Reduce Stress in the Workplace, 2:30 p.m. Aug. 1 or 8 a.m. Aug. 3
▪ Tech Night, 7 p.m July 10
▪ Windows 10, 7 p.m. July 11
▪ Secrets of the iPad, 1 to 4 p.m. July 12
▪ Android System, 7 p.m. July 18
The Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government and the Kentucky Small Business Development Center are offering the following free workshops at 200 East Main Street, Room B109. For more info, go to Ksbdc.org. Register at Kysbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events.
▪ How to Develop Capability Statements, 10 a.m. to noon July 12.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo