Midway Toastmasters meets every Monday from 6 to 7:15 p.m. at Midway University in the Anne Hart Raymond Center Building, Room 120. The group works on improving leadership and public speaking skills. For more info, go to 1990654.toastmastersclubs.org.
The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. July 25 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: How to Land Your Next Job. Information: 859-257-8905 or Ukalumni.net/jobclub.
Workshops and classes
Inventors Network KY will present Protect Your Idea, Invention or Business from 6:30 to 9 p.m. July 18 at 699 Perimeter Drive. This Empowered Inventing Class, will teach you how to form, plan and implement a strategy for protecting what’s valuable for you regarding your idea, invention, startup or business. To register for this class, go to Protectyouridealex.eventbrite.com.
Inventors Network KY will present a Crowdfunding class from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Aug. 15 at 699 Perimeter Drive. Learn how to crowdfund to kickstart your invention and how to avoid the pitfalls of crowdfunding. To register, go to Kickstartlex.eventbrite.com.
Shiftify: The More You Know, The More You Grow, presented by Gen47 and CMI Consulting will offer the following classes at 2808 Palumbo Drive. Classes are $79 each or $59 each when you book two or more classes. For more info, go to Shiftify.training.
▪ Rejection Redirection, Use the Power of Rejection to Win, 2:30 p.m. July 18 or July 24
▪ Gain Radical Fans: Don’t Just Master Customer Service, Own It, 2:30 p.m. July 19 or 8 a.m. July 25
▪ The Powerful and Purposeful Presenter: Be a Dynamic Public Speaker, 2:30 p.m. July 20 or 8 a.m. July 28
▪ De-stress Express: Reduce Stress in the Workplace, 2:30 p.m. Aug. 1 or 8 a.m. Aug. 3
▪ Android System workshop, 7 p.m. July 18
▪ Photo Coffee, 9 a.m. July 20 and 27
▪ Microsoft Access, 7 p.m. July 20
▪ Database, 7 p.m. July 24
▪ Digital Photography, 7 p.m. July 25
▪ Unix/Linux, 7 p.m. July 27
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo