▪ Jamie Hargrove and Jamie Traughber have formed an estate and trust law firm, Hargrove Traughber. Hargrove is an estate and trust tax attorney, CPA and author of “End of Lawyers, Thank Goodness! Estate Planning and the End of Inefficient Lawyers.” Traughber is an estate and trust tax attorney and has been part of Hargrove’s practice for more than 10 years. Hargrove Traughber has offices in Louisville, Lexington and Brentwood, Tenn. Find out more at HTestatelaw.com.
▪ DMD Data Systems has changed its name to Volta. This rebranding reflects both the evolution of the company as well as its vision for the future. An updated corporate website is at Voltainc.com and reflects the new brand identity.
▪ Fooji, a Lexington-based technology company is expanding its operations to help global brands create on-demand experiences with customers and fans. In the last year, Fooji has created more than 41 full-time jobs and 17 part-time jobs. Since 2016, Fooji has brought more than $3.6 million of venture capital into the Lexington startup community.
Founded in 2015, Fooji provides a platform for brands to create fan experiences leveraging social media networks and on-demand delivery services. Over the last year, the company converted the old Hurst Office Supply building into its corporate headquarters. Fooji also has offices in Los Angeles and Lisbon, Portugal.
Never miss a local story.
During a Fooji-powered brand marketing campaign, brands select an opt-in trigger that consists of a hashtag and emoji combination. Fans then share that trigger on social media to opt-in and receive a branded product delivered to them within 60 minutes. Fooji is currently used by companies such as ABC, Adidas, Amazon Studios, Budweiser, Disney, FOX, GSK, Paramount Pictures, Patron, Pepsi, Toyota, Turner Broadcasting, Verizon and Warner Bros.
For more information about Fooji, go to Fooji.com.
▪ CoreLife Eatery, a fast, casual restaurant offering a variety of greens, grains and broth-based dishes, has expanded to The Summit at 4040 Finn Way, Suite 110. For more information go to Corelifeeatery.com.
▪ Marriott International’s TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Richmond has opened at 2018 Colby Taylor Drive. Managed by RainMaker Hospitality of Lexington, this property offers studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens, as well as separate living/working and sleeping areas. 859-353-4860. For more info, go to Marriott.com/hotels/travel/lextr-towneplace-suites-richmond/.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo