The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Sept. 12 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: Behavior-based Interviewing: What Is It and Why It Matters. Information: 859-257-8905 or Ukalumni.net/jobclub.
The fifth annual Supplier Diversity Fair will be 12:30 to 4 p.m. Sept. 20 at the Frankfort Convention Center, 405 Mero Street. The event is open to minority-owned, women-owned, differently-abled and veteran-owned businesses interested in potential opportunities with KCTCS and UK. Registration/exhibit space for the event is free, but limited. For more info, go here or contact Brenda Nolan at 859-256-3325.
Never miss a local story.
Women Leading Kentucky’s Fall Networking Luncheons will be Sept. 21 (Soha Saiyed, human trafficking activist), Oct. 11 (Circuit Court Judge Pamela Goodwine), Oct. 26 (Kentucky Lieutenant Governor Jenean Hampton) and Nov. 16 (Commonwealth Attorney Lou Anna Red Corn). Cost is $36 per roundtable or $134 for all 4. For more info or to register, go to Womenleadingky.com.
Workshops and classes
▪ Word Processing, 1:30 p.m. Sept. 5
▪ Windows 10, 7 p.m. Sept. 5
▪ Tech Chat, 7 p.m. Sept. 7
▪ Photography Chat, 9 a.m. Sept. 7 and 14
▪ Tech Night, 7 p.m. Sept. 11
▪ Apple Mac & iPad, 7 p.m. Sept. 14
▪ Word Processing (MS Word) begins 10 a.m. Sept. 18, $60
Intermediate iPad begins 10 a.m. Sept. 25, $60
Environmental Photography begins 1 p.m. Sept. 25, $40
Bluegrass Community & Technical College’s Workforce Solutions office will offer the following online professional development courses beginning Sept. 13. Go to Ed2go.com/bluegrass for course descriptions or call 859-246-6666 for more info.
▪ Project Management Professional Certification Preparation, $183
▪ Senior Professional in Human Resources, $1,795
▪ Employment Law Fundamentals, $95
▪ Spanish for Medical Professionals, $95
▪ Spanish for Law Enforcement, $95
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo