The Bluegrass Chapter of the Military Officers Association of America will meet at noon Sept. 22 at Equestrian Woods Country Club, 107 Clubhouse Drive. Charlane Gathy, executive assistant to the director of the Lexington VA Medical Center, is the featured speaker. The meeting is open to all military officers — active duty, reserve and retired — and their guests. To attend, contact Pat Jones at 859-271-2606, or email email@example.com. A buffet lunch is available for $17.
The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Sept. 26 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: Networking Your Way to a New Job. Information: 859-257-8905 or UKalumni.net/jobclub.
The fifth annual Supplier Diversity Fair will be 12:30 to 4 p.m. Sept. 20 at the Frankfort Convention Center, 405 Mero Street. The event is open to minority-owned, women-owned, differently-abled and veteran-owned businesses interested in potential opportunities with KCTCS and UK. Registration/exhibit space for the event is free but limited. For more info, go here or contact Brenda Nolan at 859-256-3325.
Women Leading Kentucky’s Fall Networking Luncheons will be Sept. 21 (Soha Saiyed, human trafficking activist), Oct. 11 (Circuit Court Judge Pamela Goodwine), Oct. 26 (Kentucky Lieutenant Governor Jenean Hampton) and Nov. 16 (Commonwealth Attorney Lou Anna Red Corn). Cost is $36 for each roundtable or $134 for all four. For more info or to register, go to Womenleadingky.com.
Workshops and classes
▪ Photography Chat, 9 a.m. Sept. 21 and 28
▪ Database, 7 p.m. Sept. 25
▪ Digital Photography, 7 p.m Sept. 26
▪ Unix/Linux, 7 p.m. Sept. 28
▪ Photography Chat, 9 a.m. Sept. 28 and Oct. 5
▪ Word Processing, 1:30 p.m. Oct. 3
▪ Tech Chat, 1:30 p.m. Oct. 5
▪ Dr Fixit (PC systems), 10 a.m. Oct. 7
▪ iHelp (Apple products), 10 a.m. Oct. 7
▪ Word Processing (MS Word) begins 10 a.m. Sept. 18. $60
▪ Intermediate iPad begins 10 a.m. Sept. 25. $60
▪ Environmental Photography begins 1 p.m. Sept. 25. $40
▪ Advanced Techniques of PaintShop Pro, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 6. $30
LFUCG and the Kentucky Small Business Development Center will offer the following workshops. Go to KSBDC.org for more info or to register.
▪ Let’s Talk Small Biz — Retirement Plans for Small Businesses, 9 to 10 a.m. Sept. 22, Liberty Road Cafe, 720 Henry Clay Boulevard. Free. Register at Kysbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events/8562.
▪ Smart Start! The Essentials, 6 to 8 p.m. Sept. 26, Lexington Public Library, Beaumont Branch, 3080 Fieldstone Way. Free. Register at Kysbdc.neoserra.com/conferences/8575.
▪ Smart Start! The Essentials, 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 25, Lexington Public Library, Beaumont Branch, 3080 Fieldstone Way. Free. Register at Kysbdc.neoserra.com/conferences/8576.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo