The Gleneagles Chevron station at 6400 Polo Club Boulevard is again selling gasoline after more than 5,000 gallons of petroleum was found to be contaminated by water Monday.
Crews worked from about 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to drain the affected gas and refill the underground tank, station owner Mohani Dumre said.
Rodney Polly, response team coordinator with the state Department for Environmental Protection, said Tuesday he had received word that gas at the station was no longer contaminated and that sales could resume.
About 300 gallons of water apparently entered the tank over the weekend through a vapor lid that had been propped open with a rock. Police said the watered-down gas caused 16 cars to stall Monday.