Toyota recently released its 2010 North America Environmental Report, and its plant in Georgetown merited several mentions. They included a note that for the fourth year in a row, the plant cafeteria's six-acre garden donated 80 percent of the vegetables grown to a local food bank. The other 20 percent is used in the cafeteria.
Also, the company's North American manufacturing headquarters in Erlanger in Northern Kentucky tested new touch-free compostable waste containers. The organization sent 77,270 pounds of waste to the Georgetown plant to be composted.