The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Jan. 12 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: Your Employment Search Assessment. Info: (859) 257-8905 or www.ukalumni.net/jobclub.
The Bluegrass Business Analysts Chapter will meet from 5:45 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 27 at ITT Technical Institute, Conference Center, Theory 3, 3020 Old Todds Road. Topic: Business data modeling made easy. Cost: $5 members and students, $10 others. To register, go to Bluegrassiiba.com.
The Central Kentucky Inventors Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 5 at the Bluegrass Area Development Center, 699 Perimeter Drive. Speaker: Website and social media guru Ben Hibben. Free. Info: Ckic.org or(859) 201-1311.
Never miss a local story.
Women Leading Kentucky is set to kick off its winter Roundtable Networking Luncheon series with four speakers who will address the theme Change, Challenge, Opportunity. The first three luncheons will be in Lexington beginning Jan. 14, with guest speaker Michael T. Benson, president of Eastern Kentucky University. On Feb. 10, the guest speaker will be Sandy Bell, executive associate director of athletics for student services and senior female administrator at the University of Kentucky. The series continues March 10 with Lindy Karns, tax director at Blue & Co. CPAs and Advisors. The three Lexington luncheons will be at Sal's Chophouse, 3373 Tates Creek Road, in the second-floor banquet room. The final luncheon will at Kentucky State University in Frankfort with state Treasurer Allison Ball as the speaker.
The events begin with a networking opportunity from 11:30 a.m. to noon, followed by lunch and the speaker. Admission to individual luncheons is $35. More information and registration are available at Womenleadingky.com.
Workshops and classes
The Central Kentucky Computer Society offers the following workshops and classes at 160 Moore Drive, Suite 107. Info: 859-373-1000 or at Ckcs.org.
▪ Word Processing, 1:30 p.m. Jan. 5.
▪ Photo Coffee, 9 a.m. Jan. 7.
▪ Tech Chat, 1:30 p.m. Jan. 7.
▪ Tech Night, 7 p.m. Jan. 11.
▪ Windows 7-8.1 & 10, 7 p.m. Jan. 12.
▪ Macintosh & iPad, 7 p.m. Jan. 14.
▪ Microsoft Access, 7 p.m. Jan. 21.
▪ Windows 10, 1 p.m. Jan. 4, $60
▪ Computer Programming in BASIC, starts at 3:30 p.m. Jan. 5, $60
▪ Excel Spreadsheets, begins at 10 a.m. Jan. 25, $60
▪ Intermediate iPad, begins at 10 a.m. Jan. 25, $60
▪ Photography: Improving Your Camera Skills, begins at 1 p.m. Jan. 25, $60
▪ Microsoft Office Excel 2013: Level 1, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Jan. 5.
▪ Microsoft Office Excel 2013: Level 2, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Jan. 7.
▪ Get Going with QuickBooks, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Jan. 18 and 25.
▪ Microsoft Publisher 2013, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Jan. 20.