The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Aug. 9 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: Staying Connected: How Relationships Work You Into a Job. Info: 859-257-8905 or Ukalumni.net/jobclub.
The Inventors Council will hold its Workshop for Inventors and Entrepreneurs at 6 p.m. Aug. 9 at the Eastside Library Branch, 3000 Blake James Drive (corner of Palumbo and Man o’ War) Hosted by Don West and Raj Shah. Membership: $50. Info: Kyinventors.org or859-201-1311.
The Inventors Council Central Kentucky will meet at 6 p.m. Aug. 2 on the 2nd floor of the Eastside Library Branch, 3000 Blake James Drive (at the corner of Palumbo and Man o’ War). Speaker: Glenn Warner with GorillaMaker 3D Printers. Free. Info: Kyinventors.org or 859-201-1311.
Never miss a local story.
The Lexington Bluegrass Area Minority Business Expo will be Aug. 4 at The Lexington Center, 430 West Vine Street. Cost is $75; $85 after July 29. For more info, call 859-381-4709 or email email@example.com or go to Conta.cc/29r0zix.
Women Leading Kentucky presents Communicate to Lead from 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 4 at Sullivan University, 2355 Harrodsburg Road. $99 before July 25 and $115 after. Presenter: Vera Thomas, a Dale Carnegie trainer. To register, go to Womenleadingky.com/wlk-online-registration.
Conducting a Successful Safety Audit will be 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Aug. 4 at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton. Cost is $399 for Kentucky Chamber members and $499 for non-members. For more info, or to register, go to Kychamber.com/node/2647.
Workshops and classes
▪ Word Processing, 1:30 p.m. Aug. 2.
▪ Photo Coffee, 9 a.m. Aug. 4 and 11.
▪ Tech Chat & Problem Solving, 1:30 p.m. Aug. 4.
▪ Dr. Fixit & iHelp, 10 a.m. Aug. 6.
▪ Tech Night (Travel Apps), 7 p.m. Aug. 8.
▪ Windows 7 – 8.1 & 10, 7 p.m. Aug. 9.
▪ Macintosh & iPad, 7 p.m. Aug. 11.
▪ Microsoft Access, 7 p.m. Aug. 18.
▪ Traveling Tips for Photographers, 10 a.m. Aug. 24.
Bluegrass Community & Technical College’s Workforce Solution offers the following courses at our Newtown Campus, 500 Newtown Pike. For more info, call 859-246-6666 or view the catalog online at Bluegrass.kctcs.edu/Workforce_Solutions.
▪ Computer Basics for the Absolute Beginner, 12:30-4:30 p.m. Aug. 13, $65
▪ Electrical: 2014 Code Review and Arc-Fault/Ground-Fault Devices & Field Safety for All Trades, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Aug. 13, $50
▪ HVAC: Boiler Operations and Controls & Field Safety for All Trades, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Aug. 13, $100
▪ Plumbing: Kentucky Plumbing Codes Updates 2016 & Field Safety for All Trades, 8 a.m.to 4:30 p.m. Aug. 13, $100
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo