Inventors Council Central Kentucky will meet at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 6 at Eastside Library, 2nd floor, 3000 Blake James Drive. The free meeting will feature patent attorney Jim Francis. Learn how to protect your product, name and logo. For more info, go to Archive.constantcontact.com. Questions? Call, 859-201-1311 or go to Kyinventors.org.
The Bluegrass Retired Teachers Association will meet at 11:30 a.m. Sept. 13 at Stoner Creek Club, 47 East Main Street, Paris. The program will be presented by Ernie Trosper, who will discuss membership. A memorial service for deceased teachers who died during the previous year will be held. New officers will also be installed. Reserve a spot by calling Anna Mack at 859-252-4353. Cost for the luncheon is $16.
The Bluegrass Business Analysts Chapter will meet 6:30 to 8 p.m. Sept. 21 at Tempur Sealy International, 1000 Tempur Way. Cost: free for members, $10 non-members, $5 students. Register at Bluegrassiiba.com.
The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Sept. 13 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: Building Cathedrals: The Power and Purpose of Your Career. Info: 859-257-8905 or Ukalumni.net/jobclub.
Workshops and classes
Finding The Right Business Concept, a FranNet, SBA and SCORE Lexington workshop, will be 7-8:30 p.m. Sept. 7 at Lexington Central Library, 140 East Main Street, Conference Room A. A practical guide to evaluating business ownership in 2016. Free. Register: Frannetmidamerica.com/entrepreneurshiplexington.
The Inventors Council will hold its Workshop for Inventors & Entrepreneurs at 6 p.m. Sept. 13 at the Eastside Library Branch, 3000 Blake James Drive (at the corner of Palumbo & Man o’ War). Hosted by Don West and Raj Shah. Membership: $50. Info: Kyinventors.org or 859-201-1311.
▪ Word Processing, 1:30 p.m. Sept. 6.
▪ Photo Coffee, 9 a.m. Sept. 8.
▪ MacIntosh & iPad, 7 p.m. Sept. 8.
▪ Tech Night (presented by Microsoft), 7 p.m. Sept. 12.
▪ Windows 7 - 8.1 & 10, 7 p.m. Sept. 13.
▪ Microsoft Access, 7 p.m. Sept. 15.
▪ Android System & Devices, 7 p.m. Sept. 20.
▪ Windows 10, begins 1 p.m. Sept. 12, $60.
▪ Excel Spreadsheets, begins 10 a.m. Sept. 26, $60.
▪ Intermediate iPad, begins 10 a.m. Sept. 26, $60.
Education and Workforce Development Cabinet has the following meetings scheduled in September. Those planning to attend meetings should confirm times and dates before traveling. People with disabilities may request accommodations by contacting the specified staff person. For more info, go to Ewdc.ky.gov/.
▪ State Archives and Records Commission, 10 a.m. to noon, Sept. 8, KDLA, 300 Coffee Tree Road, Board Room, Frankfort. Contact: Jim Cundy, 502-564-1703.
▪ Kentucky Statewide Council for Vocational Rehabilitation Executive Committee Meeting. 6 to 8 p.m. Sept. 11, The Embassy Suites by Hilton, 1801 Newtown Pike. Contact: Dave Matheis or Nanci Soard, 1-800-372-7172.
▪ Kentucky Statewide Council for Vocational Rehabilitation Quarterly Meeting, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Sept. 12, The Embassy Suites by Hilton, 1801 Newtown Pike. Contact: Dave Matheis or Nanci Soard, 1-800-372-7172.
▪ KY Assistive Technology Loan Corp., 9 a.m.-noon, Sept. 14, Charles McDowell Center, 8412 Westport Road, Louisville. Contact: Sarah Richardson, 1-877-675-0195.
▪ Early Childhood Advisory Council, 10 a.m. Sept. 15. Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, 464 Chenault Road, Frankfort. Contact: Diana Hutch, 502-782-0200.
▪ Kentucky Commission on Proprietary Education, 1:30 p.m. Sept. 21, 300 Sower Blvd., Conference Room 414, Frankfort. Contact: Misty N. Edwards, 504-564-4185.
▪ KATS Network Advisory Council, 9 a.m. Sept. 23, West Kentucky Assistive Technology Resource Center, Wendell Foster Campus, 815 Triplett St., Owensboro. Contact: James Brown, 1-800-327-5287.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo