Hot Topics

More Videos

Video shows how deep family members had to dig to finish grave 0:11

Video shows how deep family members had to dig to finish grave

‘Religious freedom is an important right' Menorah lit in Government Center 1:57

‘Religious freedom is an important right' Menorah lit in Government Center

Only one sculpture saved from artist's home destroyed by fire 0:23

Only one sculpture saved from artist's home destroyed by fire

Lawmaker says allegation that he molested a teenager has 'no merit' 0:45

Lawmaker says allegation that he molested a teenager has 'no merit'

GOP lawmaker denies sexual assault accusation. But first, a Christmas carol. 0:37

GOP lawmaker denies sexual assault accusation. But first, a Christmas carol.

How to get a perfect 36 on the ACT — advice from students who've done it 2:01

How to get a perfect 36 on the ACT — advice from students who've done it

Happy homecoming for Hamidou Diallo 1:00

Happy homecoming for Hamidou Diallo

'It's a sexy man carrying a turkey.' 4:54

'It's a sexy man carrying a turkey.'

Man who was denied marriage license by Kim Davis files to run against her 2:02

Man who was denied marriage license by Kim Davis files to run against her

Here's how the NCAA basketball bribery schemes worked 1:47

Here's how the NCAA basketball bribery schemes worked

  • Lexington Cemetery 'steps up' to accept Confederate statues

    Mayor Jim Gray announces that the Lexington Cemetery has granted preliminary approval to accepting two Confederate statues currently located downtown.

Fayette County

Lexington Cemetery agrees to take Confederate statues; more steps remain before move

The board of the Lexington Cemetery has tentatively agreed to take two controversial Confederate statues that have stood in downtown Lexington for more than 130 years.

Education

At UK, about 40 percent of harassment investigations end in firing

University of Kentucky investigators looked into 57 sexual harassment and discrimination complaints from 2011 to 2016, finding enough evidence to recommend firing the employee about 40 percent of the time. About 33 percent of those investigated were found in violation of UK’s policies but were allowed another chance, often with more training. No evidence was found to support the complaints in the remaining 27 percent of cases.

State

Atheist group’s anti-Noah’s Ark billboard rejected

A group of atheists based in Northern Kentucky raised $10,000 for a billboard protesting the soon-to-open Ark Encounter amusement park, a place where Christian scripture is taken so literally that a Noah’s Ark replica is being built in Biblical measurements called “cubits.”

More Videos

GOP lawmaker denies sexual assault accusation. But first, a Christmas carol. 0:37

GOP lawmaker denies sexual assault accusation. But first, a Christmas carol.

What is net neutrality? 0:49

What is net neutrality?

Net neutrality repeal could change the Internet as you know it 0:34

Net neutrality repeal could change the Internet as you know it

How to get a perfect 36 on the ACT — advice from students who've done it 2:01

How to get a perfect 36 on the ACT — advice from students who've done it

Video shows how deep family members had to dig to finish grave 0:11

Video shows how deep family members had to dig to finish grave

Happy homecoming for Hamidou Diallo 1:00

Happy homecoming for Hamidou Diallo

'It's a sexy man carrying a turkey.' 4:54

'It's a sexy man carrying a turkey.'

Man who was denied marriage license by Kim Davis files to run against her 2:02

Man who was denied marriage license by Kim Davis files to run against her

Here's how the NCAA basketball bribery schemes worked 1:47

Here's how the NCAA basketball bribery schemes worked

From September: Louisville suspends Jurich, Pitino 11:31

From September: Louisville suspends Jurich, Pitino

Lawmaker says allegation that he molested a teenager has 'no merit'

GOP Rep. Dan Johnson responds to allegations that he molested a 17-year-old girl in 2012.
Daniel Desrochers ddesrochers@herald-leader.com
Lawmaker says allegation that he molested a teenager has 'no merit' 0:45

Lawmaker says allegation that he molested a teenager has 'no merit'

‘Religious freedom is an important right' Menorah lit in Government Center 1:57

‘Religious freedom is an important right' Menorah lit in Government Center

Video shows how deep family members had to dig to finish grave 0:11

Video shows how deep family members had to dig to finish grave

Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer 0:46

Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer