One building at University of Kentucky's Cooperstown apartment complex was evacuated Monday afternoon because of a gas leak, officials said.
About 1:30 p.m., construction workers accidently punctured an old, capped gas line near the apartment complex, UK spokeswoman Kathy Johnson said.
A small gas leak resulted, Johnson said. The gas was quickly turned off, but officials evacuated the building as a precaution, she said.
Cooperstown provides apartments for married and graduate students at UK.
Never miss a local story.
No injuries were reported.